Pregnant Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jess

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just got this Guppy yesterday, once it was brought to me they claimed could be pregnant. First Guppy ever and not sure??
They said look for a gravid spot but she already has black on the end of her so not sure if this is the spot or just her colouring?? Any help would be greatly appreciated?

Attachments

• photo (10).JPG
    photo (10).JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 222
  • photo (8).JPG
    photo (8).JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 195
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 185
  • guppy4.jpg
    guppy4.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 195
So is that block colouring this gravid spot or just her colours?? And any idea on when I can expect babies?

Yes that is the gravid spot. Hard to tell from the pic but you don't have long. When they looked boxy or squared like they are just gonna bust....be ready :)

Guppies are always pregnant lol

I was just about to ask the same thing about mine.

image-3502150115.jpg

She keeps staying next to the filter all the time as well.

Welp ill just keep checking for babies and maybe throw something over the filter

She is very pregnant. Do you have a breeder box? You should expect babies no later than a week tops. Most likely the fish will eat all of the babies tho unless you have lots of hiding spots for them or have a breeder box.

Are you refering to my guppy or the other?

every one of my guppies would hide for about a day before giving birth.They get a square shape to them and they would suck food in there mouth and spit it back out. about a hour before giving birth all the males in the tank would hover right around her thats how i knew to put her in the breeder box i bought for like $13.

I have managed to save six of them, that's all I could find, they are now in a breeding box safely away from all the other fish so they don't get eaten.

Ive noticed she is really starting to nip at other fish that get close to her. Is this normal guppy behaviour or maybe just because she is pregnant?

She is starting to nip and dart at other fish who get close to her. Is this normal guppy behaviour or just because hes pregnant?

She is starting to nip and dart at other fish who get close to her. Is this normal guppy behaviour or just because hes pregnant?

It is prob cos she is pregnant, I didn't notice that when mine was just about to give birth, cos I didn't know, is she letting other guppy's near her or is she nipping at all of them?

She is my only big guppy in the tank. She is nipping at my male mollies

Back
Top Bottom