Pregnant Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shes been back at the top now for a while, slow movements and showing no interest in other fish. (i.e normally chases away fish and now they can run up against her and she just sits there motionless) not sure if this is a sign of getting close?
If you want to save all the fry, i would put her in the breeder trap NOW and keep the lights off as much as possible..They usually give birth during the night..Your pushing it a bit by not putting her in the box, unless you want her to have them in the tank..If you go without the b.box option you should put some tights over the filter or they could get sucked into the filter...Ian

Im not sure im new to guppies as well. Didnt know there was different kinds? Lol and mine still no babies :(

Hey my guppy looks the exact same as the one in your pictures. Do you know what kind of guppy this is?
It's hard to tell from an avatar picture, can you post a bigger picture??. It looks like a regular guppy, possibly a female...Ian

Have been watching her for the past little while. Have noticed her anus has been opening bigger and bigger with no fecal matter. I know it has been stated that she will open close to birth but she is still swimmimg like normal and pecking at plants. Just because shes open can this happen day before or should i get ready for babies? Also she almost has been doing a flinch. Looks like she pulls her tail sideways and reaches her head same way as if she trying to hit her head with her fin and then straightens out. Happens in like a split second. Any idea why?

Have been watching her for the past little while. Have noticed her anus has been opening bigger and bigger with no fecal matter. I know it has been stated that she will open close to birth but she is still swimming like normal and pecking at plants. Just because shes open can this happen day before or should i get ready for babies? Also she almost has been doing a flinch. Looks like she pulls her tail sideways and reaches her head same way as if she trying to hit her head with her fin and then straightens out. Happens in like a split second. Any idea why?
Probably because she's in labour. A human female dilates before she gives birth!!. You need to put her in the trap NOW and turn off any airstones and the light(keeps stress to a minimum) and i will bet my 55g that you'll have fry in the morning!!!. Make sure it's a trap and not a net. A trap will have a separate compartment for the fry so the mother can't eat them. A net will stop the fry escaping but she can eat them and guppies are known for this. If you don't put her in NOW, you risk her having them in the tank....Ian

Ok. I just wanted to make sure since she was still acting normal and not hiding and keeping still like ive been told would happen.

Ok. I just wanted to make sure since she was still acting normal and not hiding and keeping still like ive been told would happen.
They don't always follow the rules!!..Oh and you will definitely know when she;s had them, her belly will go back to normal, almost immediatly...Best of luck with them and let us know when they're born, it's been like waiting for the baby Jesus to arrive..:lol::lol::lol:

Bahaha!! I know ive been so naggish on my thread about her but im so excited! First time having a pregnant fish!

Bahaha!! I know ive been so naggish on my thread about her but im so excited! First time having a pregnant fish!
I'm only kidding, i hope i didn't offend you!!. I know what it's like, it's a great buzz, but the waiting is a killer..:whistle::whistle:

"A watched kettle never boils"

Itll take alot more then that to offend me haha. And yes its no different then watching and waiting for water to boil! I just really want to witness it if i can. Especially so i can try to prevent the canibalism (sp?) haha

Still no babies!! And shes still open not severly but noticable! Still watchin this water boil haha

These are my fish right now. Looks similiar so assuming she still is? If someone else couuld verify probably would be better. I'm thinking mine stil is but ths lack of babies makes me wonder

Attachments

• preg.JPG
    preg.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 57
  • preg2.JPG
    preg2.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 50
  • preg3.JPG
    preg3.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 49
Arg **** phone. They uploaded right side up when attached. >:[

Once she has her babies I can? If that's what u meant

Once she has her babies I can? If that's what u meant
No, sorry Jess, i was just being lazy!!. Had a look at your other photo's and she looks the same to me. She will be obviously smaller almost immediately and back to normal in a few hours if not minutes. You WILL notice the difference...Ian

It could be both. My female does it as well. And I defiantly think she islet at be sues she has a really big gavidy spot.

The best thing to do is ignore the tank for a few days. It's almost as if they know you are watching, so they do the opposite of what you want haha! I feel like my fish have babies every other day. My tanks are being overrun by fry!

It will happen. And then it will happen again.....and again......and again. It will get to a point where you won't want them to have any more. And remember, they don't always drop them all at once. That fish can drop babies for over a week.

I think guppies are born pregnant.....hahaha.

Have they had the fry yet? I have 2 pregnant guppy tht seem to be far gone but I'm worried about putting them in a floating breeding tank to early as I don't want to stress them out

Back
Top Bottom