Pregnant Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just went to the tank and she was at the surface by my heater. After putting in food she remained still by my heater while the other fish ate for about 2 min. Then went and ate a flake spit it out. And pretty much continued just pretend eating while swimming around the other fish who were eating

This is her at the top of the tank has been there for a while now

Attachments

• guppy.JPG
    guppy.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 106
She is no longer at the top but at the bottom slow moving at picking away at gravel

Shes been back at the top now for a while, slow movements and showing no interest in other fish. (i.e normally chases away fish and now they can run up against her and she just sits there motionless) not sure if this is a sign of getting close?

I can see two little eyes in her belly!! So freekin cute! I hopeing this means really soon!!!

When mine was giving birth she stayed next to the filter the other female and male guppy could get close to her but she swam away from the other fish,
Has she had any yet?

Nothing yet! I have placed some floating plants. She has been hanging out behind and underneath. They are close to the glass which is how I was able to see the set of eyes. They are close to the bottom of her belly so I'm hopeing that means they are getting set into place for birth?

It could be that, I would just keep an eye out from now on, have you got lots of hiding places for them if she gives birth and you are not there?

Believe so. Plants within the tank and floating. As well as some decorations in the tank they could swim into?i

Woke up this morning to what i can tell as no babies. But now my guppys dark gravid spot is now a light pinkish?? Did she have babies?? And maybe they all were eaten ?? Dont understad why she is no longer black on her rear like last night :(

Woke up this morning to what i can tell as no babies. But now my guppys dark gravid spot is now a light pinkish?? Did she have babies?? And maybe they all were eaten ?? Dont understad why she is no longer black on her rear like last night :(

Sounds like she might of had them then, just check your plants and other places they could hide they my be a couple that have made it. Fingers crossed for you that they have.

I havent seen anything yet:( her stomach is still huge and there is some dark to it just not like it was yesterday..

Its very possible they might be hiding. Give it some time or try looking very closely for movement in the gravel or other spots where they may be hiding.

No i havent seen anything at all today. Considering some of her is still dark i may still see babies later. I hope

New pics from tonight. She has gotten more black from this morning..not sure why but any suggestions on if I should be moving her out or??

Attachments

• guppy2.jpg
    guppy2.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 96
  • guppy3.jpg
    guppy3.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 82
Nothing yet. Still hanging off by herself in the heater and various places but never along the bottom in the plants so im assuming i still have a couple days?

Hey my guppy looks the exact same as the one in your pictures. Do you know what kind of guppy this is?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom