Red Cherry Shrimps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cornstar

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was looking over at my 10g tank and noticed not one but two Red Cherry Shrimps that are carrying eggs. I was wondering how do I ensure that the eggs will be uneaten?

Currently I have in my tank:
4 neon tetras
3 mystery snails (size of a quarter)
A few pond snails
A few ramshorn snails
A few MTS
about 20 RCS

A lot of java moss.

All you can do is provide lots of hiding spots. If you have lots of java moss the shrimplets will hide in there

Soon you will hope they get eaten ;) I started off with 3 (2F 1 M), now Ive lots count how many RCS I have lol They like the Guppies of the Shrimpworld, they breed like crazy.

That said its really amazing when you see your first batch of RCS babies, unreal when you see this tiny creatures swimming around or walking on the ground feeding. (y)

Well the EGGS probably won't be eaten since the female does not lay them, however the teeny tiny babies that are birthed might be at risk if you have an aggressive or big-mouthed fish

They can be aggressive if they feel threatened or if they are in a new environment or if they don't have buddies (since they are schooling fish). But I do not believe they are instinctively aggressive. :)

I am in the exact same situation as ou right now. A couple females have eggs and my cherry barbs have been known to nibble at each other so I am nervous. I bought some java moss from my lfs. Hopefully that works out!

I'm hoping to get 3-6 cherry shrimp to breed and also be an algae eater in my 10g tank, which will soon be the home for guppy fry and hopefully shrimp fry! (shrimp do the live birth thing, right?) I am in need of as much info as possible on these little critters, from simply keeping them to breeding them, and the more detailed the info, the better! I have a thread started called "how do I breed cherry shrimp?" and a reply here or there works just fine! I'd like to keep a healthy family of shrimps and guppies! My tank info SHOULD be on my other thread, I'll have to check (an if it's not on there I will put it up)

Back
Top Bottom