Well Nevermind =(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I turned off the lights in my angel tank and went to eat dinner. I can back to check on the eggs and THEY ALL GOT EATEN!

That sucks =(

Oh well.

Mine has done that 3 times since I have had a pair. :-( The first time I was all happy and took everything else out to the tank, then within a day they was all gone. So, now I am like what ever, but it if fun watching them get ready to spawn....

Yea its happened before to me too. Its just sad that they get eaten. =( ohh welll. Next time I'll put them in a separate tank.

this is just a random question...
are you an engineer?
if so what kind?
i am a chemical engineer...
well i have a master's degree in it in 2 months but not in the field yet

XD I WANT to be an engineer (either electrical or mechanical).

I'm still in highschool actually XDD.

it happens its at times hard to find a pair that will not do that. if you want to try to hatch the eggs i would try to get them to lay on a slate title then take it out once they spawned. good thing with angels is they are almost like clock work as to how often they breed.

this is just a random question...
are you an engineer?
if so what kind?
i am a chemical engineer...
well i have a master's degree in it in 2 months but not in the field yet

I'm going to school right now to be a Chem Eng.

it happens its at times hard to find a pair that will not do that. if you want to try to hatch the eggs i would try to get them to lay on a slate title then take it out once they spawned. good thing with angels is they are almost like clock work as to how often they breed.

I use a PVC pipe propped up in a corner of the tank for my angels. Then I pull them out and hatch them in a small tank. I've only had one pair get their fry to wiggler stage in the tank, and then they disappeared the next day. But like mgamer20o0 said, once a pair starts, they lay eggs like clockwork (usually every 10 to 14 days). Be sure and research how to raise the fry before you start trying to hatch the eggs. It can be a lot of work.

I've been doing it for 6 months now and have purchased several 55 gal grow out tanks from craigslist and have a couple hundred fish at various grow out stages. I sell them to LFS but can't say I'm making much money at this point. But it's fun, and addictive.... :rolleyes:

Right now medical school is quite popular in the college arena, according to my parents :p..

Assuming this connection is accurate, maybe the angels are eating their eggs/wrigglers because either they don't feel totally safe or they're new parents. I know when I was breeding rabbits, if something unsettling happened, the mom would eat the babies. (also fish have less of maternal/paternal instincts but is the tank bare?)

be prepared for heat and mass transfer...aka transport phenomena II

Just finished up with Material and Energy Balances, now in the Fall it looks like I have Unit Operations (Fluid Flow), Thermodynamics, Physical Chemistry, and some computer course of process simulation.

Mass Transfer will be the next semester by the looks of it.

Back
Top Bottom