How to make AA stop emailing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpaceFish42

Aquarium Advice Addict
Aquarium Advice sends me at least 10 emails a day, and it's becoming really annoying. Is there a way to make it stop sending me notifications, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

Yes please. I love this app but I check it enough. I don't need the emails too.

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Aquarium Advice sends me at least 10 emails a day, and it's becoming really annoying. Is there a way to make it stop sending me notifications, and if so, how? Thanks in advance.

I sent this to you in a PM earlier...

There are 2 options in your User CP upper left of screen you can go

Settings & Options
scroll down to Messaging and Notifications
Default Thread Subscription Mode

In the white box you can select the option you want.

OR

when you get the email notification you can scroll to the bottom to unsubscribe from that thread
or select deselect unsubscribe from all threads.

Could be slightly different on the app this is from a computer.

Settings & Options

OR

when you get the email notification you can scroll to the bottom to unsubscribe from that thread

Neither of these options worked for me. The emails still kept coming. I ended up just marking the sender as spam and letting it get sent to my spam folder instead of my inbox.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Neither of these options worked for me. The emails still kept coming. I ended up just marking the sender as spam and letting it get sent to my spam folder instead of my inbox.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm going to try this. With all the threads I've participate in I run upwards of 1000 emails a month. 95% being from this app.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Settings & Options

OR

The problem is, I don't want to unsubscribe, I just want the emails to stop...

Just set them as spam, then they'll just go to your junk folder, that's what I did

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In the "default thread subscription mode" the white box says
instant email notification
click it and a drop down menu appears - there are several options

Do not subscribe
No email notification
Daily email notification
Monthly email notification

Highlight and click your option and all should be peaceful in the in box.

Below that there are options for your PM's too.

there is even this option

all the way to the bottom of that page

Global Email Settings
This allows you to enable or disable emails coming from the forum system.
Disable All Emails

Just check the box to disable emails.

In the "default thread subscription mode" the white box says
instant email notification
click it and a drop down menu appears - there are several options

Do not subscribe
No email notification
Daily email notification
Monthly email notification

Highlight and click your option and all should be peaceful in the in box.

Below that there are options for your PM's too.

there is even this option

all the way to the bottom of that page

Global Email Settings
This allows you to enable or disable emails coming from the forum system.
Disable All Emails

Just check the box to disable emails.

Can you do that through the app autumn?

Simply checking not to receive emails isn't enough. One must then go back into List Subscriptions and delete any subscribed threads that are there. These subscriptions are set up to send an email notification. By removing them you are also removing the notification.

Spam box Indeed. I got tired of the constant buzzing of my phone. Like i didnt know i posted and responses were coming eventually.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I figured it out. I redirected all the emails from aquarium advice to a folder marked "GO AWAY!!!" that automatically deletes them.

Just set them as spam, then they'll just go to your junk folder, that's what I did

Please don't do this. eventually this will cause all e-mail from us to be disabled. The real trick to stopping e-mail after you have changed your subscription options is to go and remove all existing subscriptions in your usercp.

Even though you change your settings to prevent mail moving forward, the existing subscriptions are not impacted by this change.

Please don't do this. eventually this will cause all e-mail from us to be disabled. The real trick to stopping e-mail after you have changed your subscription options is to go and remove all existing subscriptions in your usercp.

Even though you change your settings to prevent mail moving forward, the existing subscriptions are not impacted by this change.

Can't do that from the app...

Odd, I tried this and it didn't work.
I removed over 500 subscriptions. Left only the ones I wanted, and still got notifications from other threads. I constantly remove the threads that aren't working for me and still get emails.

I finally sent them to spam and I got the Pm from you about removing me from the email list, but I still get my subscribed ones. Not as often but they pop up every now and then..

Under the User CP, make sure under the 'edit options' you have your default subscription set to 'do not subscribe'.
This in tandem with removing all of your existing subscriptions, which can be a ton if you do as much posting as I was, should solve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom