1 1/2 month old 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
Yep I had the same problem, good way to tell is shut off all filters, pumps for an hour and see if it clears up....if it does, microbubbles

Trying that now

Are they micro bubbles? They give the tank a cloudy appearance but when you look real close at the water you can see the bubbles, or do you have decent sized bubbles coming up? And where from?

huma-huma said:
Are they micro bubbles? They give the tank a cloudy appearance but when you look real close at the water you can see the bubbles, or do you have decent sized bubbles coming up? And where from?

There not micro and there coming from the live rock

Its prob just trapped air bubbles on the underside of your rock, should subside:) how's the water looking?

Ok if they still floating around it must be either sand particles or dust. You could use charcoal or a fine filter to "polish" the water

Hmmm that's really strange, and it didn't settle after you had everything off?? I'm at aloss for what it could be, if it was sand or any dust particles, your filter media would pick it up and when eveything was off it wouldve settled....someone else may need to chime in.

i also have been getting a lot of algae on my glass, I clean it one day and maybe two days later I have more, can it bee the algae a scrape off stays in my tank to give it that dusty look, and the AC is not picking it up?

can it be the algae a scrape off the glass stays in my tank to give it that dusty look, and the AC is not picking it up?

i scrap off my algae inside the tank used razor blade....it could be fine...but be careful coz u might scrath your tank...

Does your tank sit in direct sunlight? How long you running lights? How often you feed your fish

Remove direct light, cut light back to 7-8 hours. I have a feeling that the direct light along with 10 hour photoperiods is what's causing excess algae:). I had a bit of a cyano bloom, cut my photoperiod in half for 2 days, its almost gone

Back
Top Bottom