1 1/2 month old 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
excess light seems no problem at all...i knew some reefers with 18hours of photoperiod...u shud look back at ur nutrient level...which i meant nitrate n phosphates....this 2 can cause u problem handling with algae even if your photoperiod was 6-7 hours per day....

if the algae grow on the glass, it will make u fell uncomfort when u look at your tank....u will see your tank a lil bit blur...your snails need algae to eat...same goes to algae goby....but too much algae can cause u a problem in future...im not sure what do u meant by cloudy/dusty....is it in term of water..?? sorry.....my english is bad at all...

I don't believe so....and excessive photoperiods play a big part in algae...I don't doubt that there's reefers who can run 16-17 hour photoperiods, but corals also depend heavily on nutrients in the water. If he's almost empty in his tank, and has high nutrient levels, his 10hr photoperiod is gonna bloom algae everywhere, hence why I suggested cutting back

some softies corals need nutrient to grow...but sps corals want as low as possible in nutrient level or else the colors will be more brown...but excessive nutrient can give u problem with algae....algae will survive with high nutrient...okay lets make it easy...what is your reading for No3 n po4 brother huma huma...??if it was below 5ppm (no3) n 0.25 (po4) then it was acceptable...u still see algae in your tank but not at alarming situation....algae will absorb this...

abdhalim said:
if the algae grow on the glass, it will make u fell uncomfort when u look at your tank....u will see your tank a lil bit blur...your snails need algae to eat...same goes to algae goby....but too much algae can cause u a problem in future...im not sure what do u meant by cloudy/dusty....is it in term of water..?? sorry.....my english is bad at all...

Yes the water is cloudy with a dusty look

Some pic, it's hard to see. My trates are at about 15

Attachments

• image-272070257.jpg
    image-272070257.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 143
  • image-2846343116.jpg
    image-2846343116.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1111546376.jpg
    image-1111546376.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 104
  • image-329646916.jpg
    image-329646916.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 115
Just run a decently shorter photoperiod for 2 days and you should see a decent reduction if it is in fact algae, does the water feel slippery or gelly-like?

from your snails "art n design" i would say algae there....
feed your fish every other day....dont feed to much...this will bring up the nutrient level...if u can provide us some reading for nitrate n phosphate, that shud be help...
Thanx

huma-huma said:
Just run a decently shorter photoperiod for 2 days and you should see a decent reduction if it is in fact algae, does the water feel slippery or gelly-like?

A little jelly like

How does under feeding raise the nutrient level? Over-feeding will raise nutirent levels

sorry for the misunderstood...i already told that dont feed to much...im meant that he fed his fish once a day can raise in nutrient level....:hide:

Ok I test my phosphate and it's at 0.25 and my trates are at 5.0ppm what dose this mean. I did a 50% WC today

Attachments

• image-231634109.jpg
    image-231634109.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 122
It means you have excellent conditions for algae to grow, use rodi water to help control the phos if its still there use a different salt, do yoi have a sump? If so add some chaeto or calerpura

Back
Top Bottom