1.5 gal stocking options! Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YLD

Aquarium Advice Activist
Someone set this mini tank for me and I've been having it for 2 months now. It has live rock and sand etc and I had a clownfish but he died and I really don't think I should get another one in such a lil tank :p I loooove them though.
So my question is, what else can I have?? A shrimp?? So far I have the cleaning crew which is a crab 2 snails and I saw a really pretty one once and she burrow in the sand and now can't see it anymore don't know if still alive, the bottom was white and big real nice looking... Also I've seen like 3 super tiny stars. Should I get a shrimp or a bigger star? I just hate to have this looking empty since the fish died :(

This is how it looks like :) except nemo is not there anymore :( it was low salinity I found it out the hard way. I didn't know anything about sw tanks...

Attachments

• image-130375752.jpg
    image-130375752.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 143
  • image-3122546163.jpg
    image-3122546163.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 141
  • image-2105371041.jpg
    image-2105371041.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 140
Get a shrimp if anything, that tank is much too small for fish.

Look up a sexy anemone shrimp, you could do a trio of those (they prefer to be in trios)

Oh those look nice. Thanks :)

do all shrimps prefer groups? I was thinking on putting sexy shrimp in my cube but I didn't know how many to add. :)

Will they be too small for fish and other inverts? Don't want them eaten up lol

Not sure on that, I've seen singles and pairs etc. before. I just know that in specific sexy shrimps prefer trios

And a small trick to keep them from being fish food is to add them early on. Clowns have the possibility of eating them, so people will add them first so when they come in they know they're supposed to be there and aren't food. Or add them overnight so the clowns wake up and the shrimp are just there.

Thanks iDream appreciate the answer. I think i will get 3 when I'm ready. They look so cool and are sooo tiny

I'm pretty sure is only the sexy one that's better in a group of 3.

Also when you add them to ur tank net them and release them near a coral or anemone so they have some where to hide.

I can have anemone in that lil tank?

Certainly not, not only is it much too small, but you don't have the lights nor the established tank you need to support an anemone.

Back
Top Bottom