1 week old platy fry with ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tashangel31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have increase temp in the fry tank.

Is it safe to use aq salt with fry?

What about quick cure, is that safe for the fry?

They were in a breeding net in my main tank and one platy mama has ick. So I transferred the fry to a 10 gallon tank. I am now noticing spots in a few of them.

id say add in 1/4 of the amount that u would apply to adults for aq salt, and bump up the temp (as u have done).
i used anti-ich ages ago on a tank with numerous guppy fry when some adults got it, but i used 1/2 a dose. it worked, none died but there is still a risk and its better to fight it off naturally.

and i think the momma should go in a hospital tank if u have one while u add some aq salt and raise the temp on the main tank to make sure x

Thanks so much. The babies are doing well 21 of them but I lost one to swim bladder today. So 20!!!

also make sure to gradually also bring the temp. down as ich breeds faster in warmer water but dies faster too.......weird....isn't it;) well, good luck:) and 50% WCs a day would help A LOT!!!!

+1 great input!

and thats only because their growth rates increase so rapidly that they die very quickly, meaning alot dont get a chance to breed. thats why raising the temp often kills them off.

Back
Top Bottom