10 gallon and its inhabitants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chandler

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I have a 10 gallon planted tank, successfully cycled. In it, I have one female betta, three platys and three panda coreys. Have I overpopulated it? If not, can I add two more female bettas?

Thank you!

Hello,

I have a 10 gallon planted tank, successfully cycled. In it, I have one female betta, three platys and three panda coreys. Have I overpopulated it? If not, can I add two more female bettas?

Thank you!

Plattys have a big bio load .. You also have to consider the animals happiness you could add more assuming your filtration is adequate nextly fish need space or they can get stressed out..

Ill defer to someone who knows more than me though ... I just started about a month ago

Hello,

Thank you!

Wow!!! U got female betas!! Did u get them at ur lfs? Right now, ur tank is like at the brink of overpopulating. Adding 2 more betas will overload it too much. If u want more fish, put small ones like neon tetras or harlequin rasboras.

Hello,

Thank you!

I would say your stocked. Also, 3 female bettas wouldn't do too well. 5+ is recommended for a sorioty.

Do not add anything else. It seems like your tank would have a lot of movement. I'd just leave it and enjoy your tank.

Thank you for your replies. My female is a sibling to a pretty male I got on Aquabid. He is in his own 4 gallon aquarium.

No you should not add anymore female bettas considering a ten gallon is the smallest you can have a sorority in it wouldn't be a good idea

Back
Top Bottom