10 gallon dwarf cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blueramboy87

Aquarium Advice Freak
what are some dwarf cichlids that I could keep in a ten gallon community? Would an apisto work? Would a german blue ram or two work? Thanks in advance

A pair of apistos is "ok" in a 10 gallon. They like room to swim though. You could try bavarian rams, maybe even blue rams, and a couple other species that I am probably not aware of:3

Not sure if they do ok with them, but the tank is a bit small for both. I would stick to a pair, if not a single aspisto.

What about just one of each or would that be to much. And do you mean a pair of rams to?

What about just one of each or would that be to much. And do you mean a pair of rams to?
Not sure about one of each. Even the calmest as I stated can be quite energetic. I would say at least 20 gallons for rams, although they can fit in a 10. Someone else might help you with other breeds as I know other types of dwarf cichlids are available for such small tanks.
Sorry for the lack of info:$

Good Luck!

20 gallons is about the bare minimum for rams and apistos. This is because
Of territorial issues and the fact that it is harder to keep water parameters in check in a smaller tank like that. You can, although get a few shell dwellers.

You could get away with one apisto or one ram. I would suggest not putting both or multiples in a 10. In a larger tank they should be fine together. But keeping them together I would suggest nothing smaller than a 20 long.

I have a pair of gbrs in a 10 gallon. They seem to be doing good. I wouldn't put more than 2 in a tank though..and any of species with them.

Back
Top Bottom