10 gallon fish cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you plan on doing a fish-in cycle or a fishless cycle? If your doing a fish-in cycle, stock it with the fish you want to keep & plan on checking your water parameters daily/doing pwcs to keep the ammonia & nitrite levels under .25. Please read up on fish-in cycling as well so you understand whats going on in your tank.

Blueangel4730 said:
Im familiar with the process. I usually use mollies but thinking guppies this time

If you are using media from an established tank start stocking with the fish you plan to keep but slowly so the bb can adjust to the new bio load and check you chemistry regularly and pwc as needed

Blueangel4730 said:
I was thinking 3 fancy male guppies. Maybe throw in some ghost shrimp........

Cool and if the established media is running on the new tank you might want to start adding fish soon before your bb dies off from no bio load

Im going to fish store now. Not going to seed till I get home. Put fish and media in together. Its 6 month old media. I put in new filter and put old one in bottom on my 29, now it can go to my 10

Blueangel4730 said:
Im going to fish store now. Not going to seed till I get home. Put fish and media in together. Its 6 month old media. I put in new filter and put old one in bottom on my 29, now it can go to my 10

Perfect sounds like your all set

Back
Top Bottom