10 gallon nano build Freshy gone Salty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jnam

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have this friend who told me "hey man i have this empty 10 gallon and like and extra 20Lbs of live rock and 20lbs of crushed coral and like 10 lbs of aragonit sand you want it?" So i was like sheesh I guess...

And here we are. Cleaned up the 10 gallon and put in the crushed coral and the sand and the LR . Moved it all around. Added a cheap HOB I have and a small heater and an old strip 15w strip light. There is all kinds of life in this stuff!!

So here is where we are.
Everything is in my saltwater testing thing says the salinity it good.
my ammo test says 0.25
the nitrites say 0
trates say 0
PH 8.4

So here is where my lack of saltyness comes into play.
Can i use me freshwater test kit to test for Ammo trites and trates?
Lighting I want to do just softies prolly mostly Zoas so will a Nova Extreme SLR T-5 Fixtures its 18" long has 2 40w bulbs on is 10k and the other is actinic. will 18" be enough over a 20" tank. thats like 80W on a 10 gallon. Or should I go with a 20" PC fixture with like 36wish? I am concerned with heat build up this tanks HAS TO be covered or the fish will be catfood.
what do i get for a CUC?

Dont have time to read all the other stuff.. but i use a freshwater test kit to test my saltwater.. your ammonia test will be more colorful.. but accurate lol

My test kits came with both saltwater and freshwater cards.....

Pics!!

only one of my tests says fresh or salt and thats the nitrite test kit thats why i was wondering.

PICS!!

Attachments

• salt1.jpg
    salt1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 88
  • salt2.jpg
    salt2.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 84
  • salt3.jpg
    salt3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 92
For low light corals yes . I have the 80 watt model of that light and keep LPS , zoas , shrooms in my tank . I do not have the desire to keep sps corals now but I can keep most everything else that I want .. (I also have NO desire for an anenome as they will out grow a nano in short time )

Back
Top Bottom