10 Gallon Photo Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spotted another female shrimp carrying eggs tonight. She only had three so far, but kept crunching herself into a tight C shape so she may still be in the process of laying the eggs. Watched for quite awhile, but didn't see any additional eggs appear. With the number of female shrimp displaying saddles, I'm likely to have a tankful of egg carrying females soon. This is definately the most facinating of my three tanks right now.

Thought I'd take a few pics before trimming this tank so you could see just how well filled in it's gotten. Also got some nice pics of the shrimp feeding. If you look closely at the Full Tank shot you can see the shrimp feeding in the lower right hand corner.

Attachments

• 2month_full_2_904.jpg
    2month_full_2_904.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 251
:multi: Shrimplets!!! :multi:

I spotted my first Cherry Red Shrimplet today, and where's there's one there's probably many more. It was about 3mm long which is right in line with the size I would expect for when the first batch of eggs should have hatched. Very tiny, very adorable. It was just hanging out on one of the leaves of my dense Rotala Rotundifolia and Ludwigia Brevipes background.

Before anyone asks, no pictures yet. It'll probably be at least the middle of the week before I have the time in the evening to be able to even try. That's also assuming that they're nice enough to stay in the open where I can try to take a pic or two or more.

Well, time to go see if I can spot some more.

i am soo tempted to try the exact same thing. i have a spare tank that i would easily cover in tons of mosses and maybe a stem plant like hygro polysperma. maybe i will..... tank number 8 here i come

The official Shrimplet count is up to seven! Six appear to be about three weeks old and the seventh only looks to be two weeks old. No idea how many are still in hiding.

And some pics of course.

It looks cool all overgrown and shaded like that. Lucky shrimp. :)

The funny thing is that the shrimp come out and explore the open lots more after a severe pruning than when it gets all over grown. It wasn't until after the pruning that the shrimplets came out where I could see them.

The confirmed shrimplet count is now up to 16. It really makes me wonder how many more are hiding in the plants.

Well, I did a major trim and replant of my plants yesterday. As a result a bunch more Shrimplets decided to come out and be counted. Total confirmed count is now up to 33 Shrimplets. It's definately going to be interesting in a couple of months once these shrimps have matured and there are even more babies about.

Unfortunately my tank has turned into a Pea Soup of Green Water. This is much worse than the last outbreak that I dealt with and it doesn't look like water changes will be enough to cure the problem. Before long I should be receiving some Daphnia to help get rid of it, but until then there aren't likely to be any new pics.

Sorry to hear it, green water is a pain. Been lucky and haven't had to deal with that particular algea in quite a while, just BBA in my ten. Hope you can get rid of it quick, congrats on all your babies :)

Back
Top Bottom