10 Gallon Photo Log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's correct An t-iasg, those are the flowers at the base of the leaves. They're only about 1mm in person. I think I've even spotted one that may be going to seed, but it's along the side of the tank by the wall so I can't get a pic.

Took the time to rescape the tank earlier today and had to take more pics this evening of course.

I removed 95% of the Rotala Rotundifolia varieties. Moved the driftwood with the Dwarf and Needle Leaf Java Ferns to the back left so that I have a foreground again. Plus I moved the driftwood with the Christmas Moss to the far front right. This has really opened up the front of the tank, and I need to decide what I want to do with it. Under consideration are Hemianthus Callitrichoides, Marsilea Minuta, Hemianthus Micranthemoides, Elatine Triandra, or Cryptocoryne Parva. I've got everything onhand except the Elatine Triandra which I lost to overtrimming during the green water.

Unfortunately the full tank shot is a bit over exposed, but at least you get a reasonably good idea of how it looks now.

Attachments

• 8month_full_955.jpg
    8month_full_955.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 146
  • cherryshrimp_9_423.jpg
    cherryshrimp_9_423.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 1,240
This tank is a great example on how to get the illusion of great depth, front to back. Hard to achieve in a ten gallon.
Very nice work :)

Hello Joy. :) This is my first post on AA and it's all to tell you that I think your tank looks great and that those D.diandra flowers are the coolest! Hope to see you at the club meeting.

Well for now I'm going with the C. parva. It was getting totally lost in the hairgrass over in the 2.5 gallon, so at least this way I can see and enjoy it. Might add something else later, but for now I'm going to wait and see how well the C. parva fills in.

Kelley - Welcome to AA! :smilecolros:

Here's an updated picture. The C. Parva are absolutely loving being in this tank.

Attachments

• 9month_full_162.jpg
    9month_full_162.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 190
Your aquascaping is looking great Joy! I love the way you've got the wood arranged. The C. parva does look happy. Once your foreground fills in that tank is going to be ready for competition. Very impressive job :)

Very nice! my parva is getting overrun by the hemianthus micranthemoides in my 55 so I am planning on moving it to my 10g soon as well, where I hope it does better. I love the driftwood and how the tank really looks like it extends on forever into the background.

What Joy hasn't told you is how much better her tank looks in person! Crystal clear water, lush plant growth and happy shrimp. Nice job, Joy!
:)

Back
Top Bottom