10 Gallon Planted - KidFish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
Heres just a little update on my previous guppy tank, now putting in more plants:
(Who doesnt love plants. Although i did see a sweet discus hardscape today)
The plant i have in there.. Im not sure what is. I think its a mixture of bamboo and java fern:) i got it from my lfs for 11.99 and at first i felt ripped off but lately its boomed in growth.
As you can see it is stocked with guppy fry.
Substrate is 1 part black gravel 1 part medium river rock. I like the half and half look of it. Eventually it will be mostly black gravel with river rock surrounding the plants.
As for future plants im getting some topwater pants next week. Other than that I'm not sure what will be going in. It could just become a grow out tank.
The light im using is for plants its an 8k bulb i found in my kitchen.
I have a 30 gallon filter (petco brand, hey its worked pretty good)
What do yall think?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393539578.949651.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393539588.626842.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393539597.581216.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393539606.816663.jpg
Note* algae is left in on purpose, i also have a few snails, and guppy fry like to snack on it ive noticed:)

Back
Top Bottom