10 Gallon Reef Build?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
finally hung my job fuge light up, not to bad let's see how it grows chaeto!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415148824.614367.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415148852.824500.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415148862.489393.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

tomorrow morning before work (all in 2 hours) i plan on running to the LFS and getting carbon to clear up this cloudy water, and going to the dollar store to make a construction paper black background and to conceal the light from the hob fuge light (it floods the tank with it at night and i dont need any algae in there).

photos!!!!!
don't hate on my water level
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415819848.922635.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415819887.620590.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415819898.858105.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415819928.095313.jpg
anyone Id this green thing, was sold as plate but I'm not to sure (has many mouths) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415819941.890465.jpg

here's more!!!
on the left is a baby fungia plate, it looks rough but does look nice when open and in the right is a rescue scoly!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415819992.133852.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415820046.001885.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415820056.644468.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415820066.439195.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415820076.901489.jpg

sorry for the blurry or hazzyness, its still a bit cloudy (barely looks cloudy IRL) but in photos its god awful.

That's a plate coral alright. They can have more than one mouth. I had one that had 3.
In terms if the water level...if you raise it you won't get salt creep from the hob filters. I had that issue with my 36. The t5ho was ruined from the salt that splashed up on it. Can take panty hose over them to stop that effect as well.

That's a plate coral alright. They can have more than one mouth. I had one that had 3.
In terms if the water level...if you raise it you won't get salt creep from the hob filters. I had that issue with my 36. The t5ho was ruined from the salt that splashed up on it. Can take panty hose over them to stop that effect as well.

its usually higher just got lazy this week, im making a diy ATO soon so it should workout okay. yeah that green one has like over 6 mouths, i thought it looked like a litho to me kind of, oh well whatever it is its cool!

Love the green plate! Have looked at a few, but I am out of sand bed space so will have to wait for the next tank. Very interested to see a tank with no sand so I'll be following your thread.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Love the green plate! Have looked at a few, but I am out of sand bed space so will have to wait for the next tank. Very interested to see a tank with no sand so I'll be following your thread.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

thanks I hope you enjoy it

okay so a couple things i am considering right now...

- not going barebottom but putting a coarser sand so i could still increase flow
- derimming the tank... (is it to dangerous though?)

also i believe i will get a firefish finally around christmas..

In other news, come spring i will be building my own tank! I will make a thread for that promptly.

well i tryed this weird LED light from walmart to light my fuge, only lasts 28 hours though... Oh well ill find something. Thinking of derimming the tank... pros? cons?

also wanna get rid of this heater or at least hide it better.

Doing water change shortly and will be vacuuming sand out a tonne.

No other new additions, ill try to get some pics up today before going to dinner for my girlfriends birthday!

No need to vac the sand that is one of your filters. Try a desk lamp for fuge that is what I used and derimming can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and remember if you get a firefish you will need a lid eggcrate might would if the holes are very small.

No need to vac the sand that is one of your filters. Try a desk lamp for fuge that is what I used and derimming can be dangerous if you don't know what you are doing and remember if you get a firefish you will need a lid eggcrate might would if the holes are very small.

if you read a number of posts back I am in the process of going bare bottom, and there is no place for a desk lamp I will try a small led feature soon

well i did something big.. I moved the tank... then realized i forgot about the lights and had to move it back because there was no place to put them where i had put the tank...

well i did something big.. I moved the tank... then realized i forgot about the lights and had to move it back because there was no place to put them where i had put the tank...

Well that's annoying. Lol

Back
Top Bottom