10 gallon setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jramzel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm thinking of setting up a 10 gallon nano reef but have almost no knowledge of what is required for a reef tank...is 10 gallon even big enough? What materials would I need to get started and maybe some stocking ideas. I've kept freshwater fish for some time and have an established 55 gallon running now but like I said I'm a novice to salt.

I may not be able to respond for a while so thanks for any help in advance.

jramzel said:
I'm thinking of setting up a 10 gallon nano reef but have almost no knowledge of what is required for a reef tank...is 10 gallon even big enough? What materials would I need to get started and maybe some stocking ideas. I've kept freshwater fish for some time and have an established 55 gallon running now but like I said I'm a novice to salt.

I may not be able to respond for a while so thanks for any help in advance.

I'll be following along with this thread as I'm thinking of doing the same thing :)

What fish can you keep? If any? Or would it be better as a coral only?

I just set up a 14gal cube. I'm also new to the SW tanks. I have always heard that its easier to set up a big tank that way if you mess up the tank is more forgiving. I would say to just stay on top of things and do your weekly water changes once your tank is cycled. I have had mine for about a week now and the tank is just now starting to cycle.

Back
Top Bottom