10 gallon shrimp/moss scape- journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeremyblevins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello everyone :)
i decided i wanted to start my own journal for my 10 gallon moss/shrimp tank.
i decided to do low light dosing ferts.
i have pfs substrate
a aquatech 5-15 fixed with a hagen pre-filter sponge
and i spray painted the back of the aquarium black with krylon fusion satin black.
i started it cycling a couple days ago with ace ammonia and some sponge juice from my 55 gallon.
i plan on using just flame moss in the aquarium.
thoughts?

And I suggest getting some other mosses in there if it is a moss tank. And some flame moss might be hard to get. I have some right now but not enough to give a way.

well mgamer offered me some flame moss for 10 with shipping, what other mosses do you suggest? i have java moss in my 55 gallon but it's being killed by bba so i don't really want to transfer it.

Oh well i forgot about mgamer i got my flame moss from him to. lol
and the different moss depends do you want the moss floating or attached? and the light depends on what kind moss you want

well this is going to be a very low maintenance tank. i'm planing the tom barr no co2 method. and i'm thinking about using slate as contrast to the pfs if i can manage to find any localy. driftwood is way to expensive locally.

ya with java weeping taiwan and flame moss would all do well in a low lighted tank and low maintainence

well both my options are about the say wattage i just don't know it one will be better than the other or not

well here are some pictures.
on the inside of the filter i replaced the cartridges with two aquaclear sponges
IMG_20101001_200156.jpg

fts
IMG_20101001_200139.jpg

with the current 2700k lighting
IMG_20101001_200044.jpg

Todo list
1. Find some slate rock
2. Get the mosses
3. Get some driftwood(maybe)
4. Order ferts ( right now planning on ordering from mgamer for 25 including shipping but if anyone knows cheaper let me know.)

4: do you even need ferts for low light and moss? weekly water changes might be good enough to replenish any nutrients needed.
3: you're in florida, go get some mangrove roots outa the lake it's free lol check your local laws first.
1: local garden center probably has lots of slate real cheap.

4 yes I'm doing the non-co2 method no water changes. And I need them for my 55 co2 take also.
3. No real mangroves around me or any lakes I would want to approach haha
1. That was where I was planing on going first thing tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom