10 gallon stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impolite

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just got another 10 gallon... Ugh! Anyways, I cleaned some really fine rocks today (took me all day) and the tank is looking quite pretty in my opinion. I'm adding some fake plants probably tomorrow or the next day and of course am going to put on the top and a cave or some type of decor, like a terra cotta pot cave or something, but I was thinking something like this:

1 dwarf gourami
5 Cory cats (the tiny ones)
5 ghost shrimp

Or

6 neon tetras and one really chill Betta (bettas are my favorite :))

1 dwarf gourami
3 male guppies
4 cories (again the little ones)

All my other fish are bettas and I'd like to have a change for a bit.

This is a cycled tank and it's ready to be filled. It has a heater set on 79 or so, I can get it up to 84 but don't plan on it.
Filter is a whisper I-10, which can also be upgraded if need be.

I don't plan on live plants seeing as I kill them.
I keep my water pretty clean and test ritually.

So, I am also hoping for MORE ideas. :D I really want it to shine. But since it's dark gravel, I dont want any super bright fish. Just saying. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

K well i suggest either

1: two schools of tetras with no center piece. MANY options for this plan. Also, several ghoast shrimp because they take up virtually no bio load

2: 4-6 cories (although they prefer sand) and maybe a couple endlers? 4?

3: a gourami centerpiece (although they are desiese (sp?) prone) and maybe some cool black skirt tetras or even glolights

Hope this helps!

Just got another 10 gallon... Ugh! Anyways, I cleaned some really fine rocks today (took me all day) and the tank is looking quite pretty in my opinion. I'm adding some fake plants probably tomorrow or the next day and of course am going to put on the top and a cave or some type of decor, like a terra cotta pot cave or something, but I was thinking something like this:

1 dwarf gourami
5 ghost shrimp

Or

1 dwarf gourami
3 male guppies

This is a cycled tank and it's ready to be filled. It has a heater set on 79 or so, I can get it up to 84 but don't plan on it.

So, I am also hoping for MORE ideas. :D I really want it to shine. But since it's dark gravel, I dont want any super bright fish. Just saying. All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Its very important that you keep Guppies with both sex, 2Female for every male is best, I have 3 Male Guppies 5 Female guppies and a Dwarf Gourmie in my tank with 7 Ghost shrimp, its a bit overstocked but I take care of it and im setting up my 75 gallon

1 dwarf gourami
5 ghost shrimp

Or

1 dwarf gourami
3 male guppies

If you want something different from a betta, the dwarf gourami is a good idea. Sometimes they can be hard to keep because several diseases seem to be quite common in the species. But, they are pretty and the people who keep them usually seem to really like them.
Some more ideas for schoolers are ember tetras, chili rasbora, celstial pearl danios, and harlequin rasbora. I LOVE the pygmy corys, they would be great fun.

Its very important that you keep Guppies with both sex, 2Female for every male is best, I have 3 Male Guppies 5 Female guppies and a Dwarf Gourmie in my tank with 7 Ghost shrimp, its a bit overstocked but I take care of it and im setting up my 75 gallon
Its ok to keep all of one guppy gender. They do not have to be mixed, especially if you don't want endless fry.

Yeah the reason I wasn't wanting girls is because of babies ><. I guess it wouldnt hurt because the other fish would probably just eat them, but I may take my brothers female who he doesn't care for and let her stay. Still unsure. I plan to get the gourami today though :3

Along with a new goldfish cause my catfish ate it :(

Impolite said:
Yeah the reason I wasn't wanting girls is because of babies ><. I guess it wouldnt hurt because the other fish would probably just eat them, but I may take my brothers female who he doesn't care for and let her stay. Still unsure. I plan to get the gourami today though :3

But if you put his female in your ten gallon, she would be under a lot of stress. The males will be bothering her too much. So unless you are ok with putting her under all that stress, I suggest either getting more females, or not putting her in there.

Impolite said:

I sugget getting a powder blue or a sunset

But if you put his female in your ten gallon, she would be under a lot of stress. The males will be bothering her too much. So unless you are ok with putting her under all that stress, I suggest either getting more females, or not putting her in there.
The OP does not have the males yet. They are still thinking about stocking options.

K so I got the gourami yesterday :3 it's reddish. And I got the cories too. It's a lot for the first day... But eh....

I ended up rescuing my brothers guppy, so I'm going to get 2 more Girls, probably adopt some of my friends fry when I help her sex them.

I would go for the second one, though that might just be me. I love guppies and i think they are really pretty, plus they are easy to care for.

K so I got the gourami yesterday :3 it's reddish. And I got the cories too. It's a lot for the first day... But eh....

I ended up rescuing my brothers guppy, so I'm going to get 2 more Girls, probably adopt some of my friends fry when I help her sex them.
Thats cool. I think DGs are very pretty. You should end up with a very nice tank. Put up pics if you can!:)

Yeah I'll try. :B I'll take it when I do a water change or add the plants I just got.

Here are some weird shots. Lol

Attachments

• image-1723730606.jpg
    image-1723730606.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1626196177.jpg
    image-1626196177.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image-324338263.jpg
    image-324338263.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 51
  • image-2037241443.jpg
    image-2037241443.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 60
Thanks! My gourami is really shy :( been keeping the lights off for the majority of the time, unless I'm viewing.

Back
Top Bottom