10 gallon stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi,
I'm going to to be setting up a 10 gallon tank in a few months and just wanted to be sure on what I'm putting in it... and I was really excited because this the first time I've ever had two tanks up and running:D. I was thinking either a planted shrimp tank or a nano reef, any other ideas? I already have a freshwater tank. Also I was leaning towards the shrimp tank because I did some research on the nano reef and it sounds a little complicated.

You are correct a nano reef is complicated. It is expensive too but in my opinion they can look the best. I have 3 freshwater tanks and a nano reef. I just love the massive variety and endless possibilities of a stocking list for a nano reef. So if you feel up to the challenge I would strongly recommend a nano reef but if you want a cool looking tank that you hardly need to touch i would say get the shrimp tank.

Stocking list I would recommend a clown fish pair (nice and easy to keep and look good)
Hope this helps :)

Hi,
Thanks for replying:D I've read online that clown fish need at least 20 gallons and I have only 10, also if I get a nano reef what would I have to do and would I need a sea anemone for the clown fish?

Hi,
Thanks for replying:D I've read online that clown fish need at least 20 gallons and I have only 10, also if I get a nano reef what would I have to do and would I need a sea anemone for the clown fish?

If your interesting in learning more or asking any SW reef questions I suggest you post them in the SW reef forum. This is a FW forum.

As for a 10g FW you can do planted fancy shrimp tank and even add a few nano fish such as Chili Rasbora's, Scarlet Badis, and CPD's for example. There are also Orange Dwarf Mexican Crayfish and Micro Thai Crabs that work great in small tanks.

Hi,

Just to answer real quick,I wouldn't put more than 1 clown in a 10 (IMHO they really should have a 15 or larger but people love them and always want them so....) and no they don't need anemone. If you decide you want to try a nano reef (not that hard, and can be amazingly beautiful) post a thread in the nano reef forum on the sw side and well be happy to help you.

After I researched nanos, I found out that a 10g could probably just host a small goby.. :/ if you go in the saltwater section, there is a nano reef group that can help you a lot :)

Back
Top Bottom