10 gallon stocking.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tyspot1000

Aquarium Advice Addict
My 10 gallon is on the verge of being done cycling (the nitrates are starting to rise), and I am wanting to have a 'small' fish stock once ready.

This is what I am thinking:

6 CPD's (Celestial pearl danio or Galaxy Rasbora)
3 Endlers livebearers
2 Sparkling gouramis

4 Amano shrimp
3 Red Cherry Shrimp
1 nerite snail

What do y'all think?

Also I got a couple questions, I was thinking of adding the shrimp first, but will they be able to sustain the cycle til I get more fish. Im thinking not since they have a small bio-load, but Im not sure.

Since they are all smaller fish, how many can I add at a time? Who should I add first fish wise? (ex: cpds 1st, gouramis 2nd, etc)

Thanks

Looks good except you may want at least 20 rcs. You will never see three. They have almost no effect on bioload. I have about 40 in my 5 gal.

Thanks for the replies! Well, I was thinking, could I possibly add the 2 sparkling gouramis and the shrimp, but make both shrimp stock up to 5? Or I was thinking about adding the school of CPD's first....

+1 on adding more than three RCS. If you don't want to buy a whole lot to begin with (I know in my area they are about $4.00 per shrimp) then I'd recommend getting just 7-10 to make sure you have a ratio of females and males. I have 7 in my 20 gallon (2 males, five females) and at any given time there may be 2-5 visable. I never see them out all at one time. I love my cherries...they are EXCELLENT algae-eaters!

You can usually find them for much cheaper than the LFS on aquabid.com, fwiw.

I plan on getting them from my local fish store, theres looks in really great condition, same for the amanos. Besides, I havent ever ordered anything off the internet in my life and dont plan to soon ;)

LOL common Ty! It is time to become a part of the 21st century. I figured your generation didn't even know what a brick and mortar store was :)

Just messin' with you... a good LFS is worth supporting, and you know exactly what you are getting. When I had one close, I bought pretty much everything from them, even if it was a few dollars more.

If you can swing it though, I would definitely go for as many RCS as you can realistically afford. They disappear pretty readily in your plants... and while they will breed, they aren't extremely fast breeders, and the shrimplets will tend to get eaten in tank with fish.

Well buddha, jk. Thanks for the advice. My LFS is the best, The most common fish they have there is Discus, big, small, and Beautiful!

where do you buy from now? Mine was the closest place I could find (30 min drive), a Moderator that lived in Arkansas from another forum recommended it to me :D

I buy everything online now. Aquabid, ebay, small independent websites. Since moving to Georgia, the only fish store within 100 miles of me is Petsmart.

When I lived in Phoenix AZ I had AquaTouch close by. It was a GREAT store. They sold ADA products, and had an amazing FW planted tanks section. The SW/Reef side was cool as well.. some really neat display tanks.

I buy everything online now. Aquabid, ebay, small independent websites. Since moving to Georgia, the only fish store within 100 miles of me is Petsmart.

When I lived in Phoenix AZ I had AquaTouch close by. It was a GREAT store. They sold ADA products, and had an amazing FW planted tanks section. The SW/Reef side was cool as well.. some really neat display tanks.

Have you went to Severum mamas store, or ordered from there before?

This is my LFS's site:NorthSide Aquatics - Saltwater Fish, Reef Tanks, Tropical Freshwater Fish, Corals, Cichlids, Aquatic Plants, Aquariums, The Fish Tank Little Rock, Reefs, Clams, Ponds, Koi, Installation, and Maintenance (Scroll all the way to the bottom, for some reason all of it appears at the bottom :clown:)

Wow it looks like a really good one too!

Not been to SM's site... do you have the URL?

Back
Top Bottom