10 gallon stocking..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morgie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
suggestions?
Currently my 10g has
1x Dwarf Gourami (full grown)
3x Peppered Corydoras
3x Dwarf Peppered Corydoras

I'm planning on moving my cories to my 20g, as I know they'd appreciate the extra floor space. That will leave me with my DG in the 10g alone. What would you put in there with him?

I'm currently looking at some! I'm browsing some dwarf rasboras and tetras. I'm definitely going to want to redesign my tank to make sure I can keep my DG comfortable. Probably going to start planting it.

Morgie said:
I'm currently looking at some! I'm browsing some dwarf rasboras and tetras. I'm definitely going to want to redesign my tank to make sure I can keep my DG comfortable. Probably going to start planting it.

Just to get a few ideas for you:
Pygmy hatchets
Ember tetras
Celestial pearl danios
Chilli rasboras

Just food for thought :)

I've decided I want to do a mini india/burmese biotope aquarium.
So far I have my stocking list as:
1x DG
5x Celestial pearl danios

I've still got room for another small school, I believe.
Any suggestions?
Before I add anything else I'm going to get my tank nice and planted.

Morgie said:
I've decided I want to do a mini borneo biotope aquarium.
So far I have my stocking list as:
1x DG
5x Celestial pearl danios

I've still got room for another small school, I believe.
Any suggestions?
Before I add anything else I'm going to get my tank nice and planted.

I think neon tetras are neat. You could do like 5 of those

Edit: Totally meant to say "India/Burma" biotope, corrected now, sorry about that oops.

I think it really just depends on what fish I find and when. If the LFS has a lot of cpd I'll probably just get one large school of those, if they only have five or six I'd make another school. I'm just trying to make a list of possibilities I can flip between depending on what I can find.

Edit: Totally meant to say "India/Burma" biotope, corrected now, sorry about that oops.

I think it really just depends on what fish I find and when. If the LFS has a lot of cpd I'll probably just get one large school of those, if they only have five or six I'd make another school. I'm just trying to make a list of possibilities I can flip between depending on what I can find.
Yeah, I think thats a good idea. In a 10 gallon tank, you don't really want too many schools. The cdp are awesome, so stick with a larger school of them. You could keep the dwarf corys in the 10 gallon if you want and just fill out the school to at least 4 to have all layers of the tank filled (even though they are not from India).

Are cpds good for a community tank? I was actually considering some too lol

Back
Top Bottom