10 gallon tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
any cichlids that can live in a 10 gallon tank? If so how many, and what special set up do I need?

3 Rams, 2 f 1m same with the Apistogramma species. Might be pushing it with a pair kribs, you wouldn't want other fish in the tank in this case.

No special set up. For kribs and apistos I have some small terracotta flower pots on hand that I make caves with. I have kept these fish in a low-medium light planted tank with Val, Anubia, Java fern, crypts and carefully selected amazon swords.

would rams or apistogramma be ok in a tank with fake plants? Also, is room temperature ok for them?

Agreed they will be fine in the tank and that they need a temp of around 78. Plastic plants are fine, silk is better, live is best.

If this is for a beginner, I wouldn't suggest Rams or Apistos for their first fish. JMO though. :)

I'd go for a community 10g instead.......or get a larger tank to begin with. More water=more room for error.

Back
Top Bottom