10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwandrsn

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have a few questions here in the very near future I am wanting to start up a 10 gallon saltwater tank. I know its easier to do one larger! Space is the issue. I only have the space for a 10 gallon. I know ours going to be extremely hard and I need to do a lot of reading.

I have done questions about equipment. I was told with a 10 gallon I can get by with a 20 gallon hob filter and maybe a small power head. I am planning on getting 10 lbs of live rock and 10 live sand. I an wanting a clown fish and a sea anemone I think they are called. I would like to have a pair of clown fish but I don't think that will work. question one is will a normal light work or do I need to get

I would love to have a larger tank but I'm limited. My landlord says I can only have a 10 gallon tank per room. (I have a 20 gallon freshwater in the bedroom lol)

To make it easier for you if you have the funds go with a 8 or 14gal biocube you filter is made in the back.and theres a place for media skimmer and.heater

Another question is if that's all I'm going to have in it. Do I have to have a hiding spot for him. And I have no clue what a sea anemone is but the pet store guy said I could get one?

Ok I know I have a lot to learn before I get started but what is a media skimmer and would 8 gallons be too small

Idk the full convo that your having, the anemone you need to have usually pretty good lighting and water movement. They also need a established tank for atleast 6 months if not 8

I wouldn't put any anemone in a 10 gallon. They really aren't for beginning aquarists. There are lots of easier animals that the clown could host in like toadstool leathers or frogspawn corals. Anemones need a lot of light, very consistent water parameters and can get quite large. I had a clown in a 10 gallon for years and he hosted in some xenia and toadstools.

The first thing to get is a saltwater book. The idiots guide to mini reefs is actually very good. It's always best to have a book that explains things clearly, step by step, with photos.

Youtube clown hosting anomone it best to see its actually soothing I think and very fun to watch I remember when my clown first started hosting my anomone it was pretty exciting. If you dont do a biocube are you going to run a sump?

You will need a powerhead hydor makes a nano like 250gph I would buy one with magnets bc the suctioncup fall and you end up fitting with it and buy a magnet one

Hydor nano its somewhere in the 200s gph. Thats what I have in my 14 gal bio cube

Back
Top Bottom