100% Ammonia in Mobile,AL???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChileRelleno

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone in or around Mobile,AL know where I can find some plain old ammonia? No soaps,dyes or perfumes?
I've looked "EVERYWHERE" retail wise.... I've found a laboratory chemical supply company and a janitorial supply but they both require a business license to purchase and are exspensive (2.5ltr @ $34.50 for lab quality ACS grade 28% Ammonium Hydroxide nh4oh). :x
I'm looking to fishlessly re-cycle my 75gal tank.

You don't need anything that concentrated. In fact that stuff is pretty dangerous. Look for Parson's household ammonia, the non-sudsy variety. It is about 4 % ammonia and doesn't contain any other chemicals. You can usually find it in the cleaners section of the supermarket. If you can't find that in Mobile, I don't know what to tell you.

Hip Hip Hooray!!!
After more searching/driving around I finally found my ammonia :D!
We looked at over a dozen different retail/drug/hardware stores, janitorial/chemical/laboratory suppliers and finally searched and found it at a Wal-Mart way way out on the other side of town.
The other Wal-Marts didn't carry this brand, but this one is out in hickville,USA and had some "Sea Mist" clear ammonia.

I hope you don't smack yourself, but I'm pretty sure the Great Value brand ammonia you can find at every Wal-Mart is sufficient as well...

Paul

No GreatValue brand Ammonia at the 3 local Wal-Mart supercenters here in Mobile,AL, just a lemon scent/sudsy brand and Sea Mist clear ammonia that list ingredients as "Ammonia Hydroxide solution and quality control agents"....
"Quality control agents"??? I'm not sure what these "QC agents" are but I'm using it anyways and will do mega water change, use carbon for a week to help with removal of any chemicals and put in a test fish to make sure its safe.

Why are you fishless cycling? You have MTS and should enjoy the benefits!! Take squeezings from the filter pads of your established tanks and you will have an instant cycle, just add fish! (Of course, there must be plenty of bacteria on the filter pads in order for this to work!) :D

Back
Top Bottom