100 gallon 3 pangasius

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crobb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know they can get up to 4 feet in wild. I have heard closer to two feet in tanks. They are currently only 4-6 inches and growing fast. I will have to do custom tank down the road but for right now they are tiny in this big tank. I was wondering if any fish would get along with them?

Plecos, Cory's? I really want tank mates but know they will eat most fish when get bigger. Also anyone have first hand knowledge of how big they will actually get?

I would add fish like fire mouths or jack dempseys that can stand up to these fish.

What species of eel. I wouldnt add a soft shell because they feed mainly on fish and are messy.

What species of eel. I wouldnt add a soft shell because they feed mainly on fish and are messy.

That I'm not sure about, I do have fx5 so hopefully ill be good on filtration. What kind of eel would you recommend?

Do a red tailed catfish, but apparently these fish could need a 40ft tank. I also really wanted some for my tank but they are just to enormous.

I wonder if these cats could go into a dugout in Alberta and survive the winter?

It's about 20 meters deep and also houses carp I the winter, and yes there is oxygen,

I would return them and get fish that are actually appropriate for home aquaria. Most people who plan on upgrading for a fish never do.

I would return them and get fish that are actually appropriate for home aquaria. Most people who plan on upgrading for a fish never do.

This is so true sadly. Top post.

I can understand that but seeing how I already have a 120 and a 100 gallon a custom tank or ping prolly wouldn't be that hard to do... I can always take them to a store in Sacramento or San Francisco down the road if they're too much I heard.

I appreciate the concern, I'm more worried about be pretty much dedicating a whole tank to something that doesn't even wanna show it's self until the lights are off lol

100 and 120g really aren't that big. You would need a 500+ for those 3 fish.

Personally I'd rather raise fish that I know I can keep and enjoy for years as opposed to saying I can give them away when they get to large. Then you just have to start over.

100 and 120g really aren't that big. You would need a 500+ for those 3 fish.

Personally I'd rather raise fish that I know I can keep and enjoy for years as opposed to saying I can give them away when they get to large. Then you just have to start over.

I know those tanks aren't that big for them, I was saying if my first two tanks are this size, I probably can afford to get a huge tank 300+ or build a pond.

I have a feeling these guys will be good for a year or two in there current set up

Fact is they are NOT "tank" fish, they are Pond.. Fish. For the 3 you will need roughly a 15'x15' type pond.

This sight might not be the best place to be researching about these fish as they are so hard to keep due to size restrictions. I'd recommend checking out monsterfishkeepers as there is a whole community of people who dedicate pools/ponds and very large tanks to fish that grow to a size that the normal hobbiest can't manage.

Fact is they are NOT "tank" fish, they are Pond.. Fish. For the 3 you will need roughly a 15'x15' type pond.

This sight might not be the best place to be researching about these fish as they are so hard to keep due to size restrictions. I'd recommend checking out monsterfishkeepers as there is a whole community of people who dedicate pools/ponds and very large tanks to fish that grow to a size that the normal hobbiest can't manage.

He's looking for justification, not advice. That's how most people are.

Pretty funny how you guys assume I haven't done my research on how big they get. I know the aquarium forum guys preach that LFS's shouldn't sell these fish. To the average person I agree, but who said I'm average. How do you know I don't have property and money? Like I said when they outgrow there current setup ill either build something suitable or take to a responsible store or owner.

Your guys tone makes me wanna post my stuff else where to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom