10g aquascaping beginner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fullmoonnight

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can anyone give me some ideas for aquascaping a 10g? This is the first time I'm trying aquascaping so I want to start on something small scale and simple. I'm also a beginner with plants. So all I currently have is a java fern,bamboo and a marimo moss ball. All my water lettuce died off for some reason :ermm: so I suppose I'm pretty pathetic with plants. Unfortunately, I'm not a big fan of Jungle style aquascapes (might be a good thing since I'm not good with plants any ways). I should probably mention that it's a rectangular (long style) tank. :brows:

Part of it depends on the fish you plan to stock it with. Some fish like lots of hiding places, some don't care so much. My suggestion is to come up with a "theme" then go from there. Personally I have a mixture of real & silk plants. One of my 10g has rock looking caves with a few real plants & 2 taller silk plants, another has a kind of Aztec look with cave structures, a few real & 1 silk plants, my 3rd 10g has more of a wood look with some real plants. You can go to my profile & look in my photo albums.

Basics would be large plants in back, mediums on sides and middle, and short up front. Also some kind of structure, wood, rock, etc as a focal point. It's not mandatory to do it this way but it should get you going, it's art after all.

Here is a site you can go to and look at tons of tanks. They have different size tank sections so you can look at the ones for 10g tanks. You might get some good ideas there. Also the type of light you decide to get will determine the type of plants you can grow Your Tanks - Browsing

Live aquarium dot com lists many fish an the habitat the like to live it. I would consider reviewing there for some info

Thank you. I'll have some snails and kuhli loaches in there so sand and hiding spots are a must. I love these websites thank you. The tank size seperations are so useful!

Back
Top Bottom