10g nano (new pics 8/23)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Florida8 said:
Ahhhh! Gotcha! Forgot the tank was at work! Enjoy your vacation. =)

Took new pics today (went in to do a PWC - emerald crab was sitting front and center with his "arms" spread out wide like he wanted to hug me. I love saltwater!), but I am at the folks' house with my son, and I forgot the silly cable to let me transfer the pics. I'll put 'em up when I get home.

Edit: Day 37

330530956_051b469d26.jpg

330530951_c5a6430932.jpg

330530952_1539d9bb40.jpg

330530960_875816e38c.jpg

330530963_a2fe92bd2c.jpg

Day 51

A new frag pack of Zoanthids arrived today. Time for new pics!!!

(sorry water is so cloudy, just did a water change)

346902917_8578c4c289.jpg

346902921_210d2a1b42.jpg

Pagoda cup:

346902919_41104c3392.jpg

Frogspawn:

346902923_33aa8e52d9.jpg

Zoa frags and blue damsel:

346902925_4ec66610cc.jpg

346902924_2c18b75134.jpg

Haven't seen my skunk cleaner in over a week.......I'm afraid he's dead. :(

Very nice clearerphish! Those frags look healthy.

The shrimp can be experts at hiding, especially if they just got done molting...but I will agree that a week has been a while. :(

Well, apparently there was a 10 round championship fight amongst the damsels last night. The blue damsel reigns supreme, as his strategy of hiding in the rocks has paid off. I assume the domino and the striped damsel had killed each other, but by the time I arrived at work the scavengers had done great work. :shock:

So the Blue damsel is king of the nano. For now. Will he live peacefully with a goby/blenny or should I just trap him and take him back to the LFS and get a clown and a goby? (that's how I was leaning to begin with.......)

Here is the King in his domain:

353847230_09f09f13f9.jpg

Looking great! 8)
For me, the best part about keeping nanos and picos is getting small coral frags for cheap and watching them grow. You should be proud of what you have accomplished thus far.

i like it. it will look awesome once the corals fill in and cover the seams between rocks. the tank will really flow. what kind of a clean up crew do u have? sorry if u already answered this. and how much does the typical frag go for?

mr funktastic said:
i like it. it will look awesome once the corals fill in and cover the seams between rocks. the tank will really flow. what kind of a clean up crew do u have? sorry if u already answered this. and how much does the typical frag go for?

At the moment it's dwindled to two large turbo snails and a few margaritas. I did have a skunk cleaner and an emerald crab, skunk's been missing for weeks, and I found the crab dead in the rockwork today. I think he may have starved. :( Ever since I switched to RO/DI water, algae has completely been eradicated in my tank. :( Had I thought about it I'd have dropped some nori in there for him, but I figured the rockwork probably had some good algae in it. Guess I was wrong. Water params look great and everyone else in the tank is healthy and happy....

I guess I need to stock up on cleaners. Probably going to get a new shrimp this weekend, about 5 nassarius snails, and a fish trap to get my damsel out so I can get a clown and a goby.

I'd take the devil back. Mine tore up a royal gramma and a pink spotted goby. The RG was my fault, for not asking here. The goby was semi-aggressive and a bottom dweller, plus I had a pistol shrimp (but he didn't make it past acclimation), but he still got beat up....

Oh, funk, around me (Atlanta, GA) the corals vary in price wildly but a typical nano frag is usually in the neighborhood of 25 bucks at the LFS's, you can get them much cheaper on ebay, especially zoos.

Also, I saw something tonight in the tank.....scurrying around like a litle ant or a flea. There was no way I could get a pic, but it definitely was a "crawler", not a "swimmer". Anyone have a wild guess as to what I may have seen?

loyalrogue said:
This is one of my favorite threads.
Your tank looks awesome.
:multi:

For the record, I would take back the damsel and get what you really want.
You'll be much happier IMO.

Wow, thanks! I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along as well. I'm also loving those ebay frag packs, almost all of them showing new growth. :D

Here's some new pics, Day 64

361708862_84fe965905.jpg

361708876_0a86d512e1.jpg

361708878_a1e2415174.jpg

And one of my favorite pictures so far:
361708872_73cb8fcadd.jpg

very nice! If you haven't already, you could post the ebayers you're getting your frags from...I'll hopefully be in the market for some soon and would love some idea as to whom to deal with.

newfound77951 said:
very nice! If you haven't already, you could post the ebayers you're getting your frags from...I'll hopefully be in the market for some soon and would love some idea as to whom to deal with.

Gateway Aquatics, St. Louis, MO. Got 10 Zoa frags with 5-20 polyps each on them for 80.00 plus shipping. Zoa's arrived the very next day. I had asked for blues, greens and oranges in particular and he shut me down on the blues but he hooked everything else up, and every single frag has opened up well and in less than a week every single frag had at least one new polyp bud.

Yeah...I would like to know who you are getting your frag packs from too!! Especially if they are doing so well!!!! DUH! I can read! LOL

Back
Top Bottom