10g reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok guys ive mad manny a thread about starting a reef and now im serious im saveing and buying thing litte by little but buying then none the less my first question is what kind of lighting should i have i will post links of the corals i want hopefully you can help from there

I would go over to fishtanksdirect.com and get a Current USA Nova Extreme 18"-2x18watt bulbs. You can also go with the 24 inch of either the 2 bulb or 4 bulb. Just because 24" bulbs are easier to find.

For the one's you posted the 24" 2x24watt bulbs will be enough. But if you decide you want higher demand corals down the line the 24" 4x24watt bulbs will be a good choice as well.

The 18" light will not fit the 10g tank with the legs without some modification. Personally I'd go with the 24" its only a few dollars more and the overhang wouldnt hurt you at all.

okk will do wen i buy the 10g im not buyin a hood so how should i go about a top are there any good places to buy them from

im thinking of a plexin or acrylic top but with enough room in back for a good HOB powerhead and heater to go in

I go topless with my tanks, but nothing I have has ever tried jumping out. So unfortunately I cannot offer any advice for tops.

I would go to Lowes or Home Depot and buy a sheet of 3/4" acrylic and cut it to fit, then cut the front 3rd or so, and add knobs so it acts like a feeding lid, instead of having to take the whole sheet off to get into the tank.

Also helps keep snails from wondering out of the tank (I have that problem a lot)

Go with thick acrylic. I have 1/4" acrylic on my pico and the 26watt PC warps it. No telling what T5HO would do to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom