10g stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rose22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am getting ready to finally move the last few fish out of my very overcrowded 10g and into my 30g. Hopefully by next week. I will be leaving 3 Platy, 1 blue ram, and 1 Julii Cory in the 10g. I know the cory should be in a group of at least 4, but I dont have enough room for 3 more Julii, and I dont have room for a herd of them in the big tank either. If I add 1 more cory would that help or not be worth it? If its any consolation, my cory seems super happy and active.

I was wondering about the blue ram too. Does she need a friend? Also aqadvisor keeps flagging the Ram saying she isn't fit for the tank because she will eventually out grow it and could get up to 2 inches. :eek: Not 2 whole inches! Do I need to worry about this?

I am getting ready to finally move the last few fish out of my very overcrowded 10g and into my 30g. Hopefully by next week. I will be leaving 3 Platy, 1 blue ram, and 1 Julii Cory in the 10g. I know the cory should be in a group of at least 4, but I dont have enough room for 3 more Julii, and I dont have room for a herd of them in the big tank either. If I add 1 more cory would that help or not be worth it? If its any consolation, my cory seems super happy and active.

I was wondering about the blue ram too. Does she need a friend? Also aqadvisor keeps flagging the Ram saying she isn't fit for the tank because she will eventually out grow it and could get up to 2 inches. :eek: Not 2 whole inches! Do I need to worry about this?

IMO the ram should be in a larger tank. What fish do you have in total. If you post a list of what will go/is in the tank we might be able to find a better solution.

This is as of right now.

10g:
3 Platy
1 Blue Ram
1 Julii Cory
2 Angelfish (will be moved to big tank soon)

30g:
5 Platy
6 Danio

I have platys in both tanks for the ratio. I have 1 male in each tank. Originally, they were in the 10g with 2 fmales, but the one would bully the other, so I split them up.

This is as of right now.

10g:
3 Platy
1 Blue Ram
1 Julii Cory
2 Angelfish (will be moved to big tank soon)

30g:
5 Platy
6 Danio

I have platys in both tanks for the ratio. I have 1 male in each tank. Originally, they were in the 10g with 2 fmales, but the one would bully the other, so I split them up.

IMO you're overstocked no matter what you do. The two angelfish need the 30 to themselves along with the Cory and more friends for him they need to be in schools or 5+. I would get rid of the ram danios and some of the platies, or get a larger tank.

Back
Top Bottom