10L tank options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it possible to keep a betta in a 10L, or is it too small? I have just bought a 10L tank which I wanted to use for a betta or fry until they are big enough to go into my community tank, can anyone advise which is better suited to the tank size.

10 liters is about 2.5 US gallons. I'd say too small for any living thing long-term. Plus bettas should have a filter and heater which would be hard to fit in a container that small.

That's why I was thinking as a short term place for fry, I'm unsure about it at the moment, it has a filter in it, I'll have to think it through properly before I do anymore., thanks

I think it might be too small for fry too, especially if you want to grow out a good number of them. Smaller tanks have less volumes of water so toxins will increase more quickly; not a good thing for fry.

I'd use a 2.5 for a single betta personally. They do make filters small enough to fit in them, some come in all-in-one kits.

I don't know about heaters, but my house doesn't really deviate from the mid 70s so I don't use them.

I have a filter for it which is rather small and is combined as an air pump. I have found a nano heater designed for small tanks and I planned to plant it out and use it either for the betta or my current 3 swordtail fry which are a month old and cannot go in my 260L community tank yet due to my Angels, however I am aware it needs to be cycled properly etc, I plan to get a 30 G for fry eventually, this small one I kind of hoped would be ok for the betta but I may go and buy a 10G when I can afford it, I'll cycle the tank and go from there

You could try it if the betta is small and you upgrade within a few months; personally I wouldn't. I first got my betta when he was a juvenile and had him in a 5 gal tank. As he grew the 5 gal seemed to small for him so now he's in a 10 gal. The more room you give them the happier they are and the more activity/personality you'll see. Just my opinion though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom