120 gallon South American (possibly Rio Tapajos)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found barlowi somewhat local here and would love to do those, but doubt the guy will still have the pair by the time this tank is ready

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you like the barlowi you might want to check out kelleri which is in the same group and also a mouthbrooding apisto. I believe Ted Judy has both forms of kelleri available

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Apistos!!! Get some true viejita and make us all drool;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm working on this, I'm getting the info for the fisherman that is catching them as soon as I get my import permit.

I'm working on this, I'm getting the info for the fisherman that is catching them as soon as I get my import permit.

If you need some muscle I'm in!!

4BIUKl8.jpg

Did a rescape on the tank, also added 2 crenicichla regani (not sure if m/f or not, but one has a dorsal eyespot and the other does not)

4BIUKl8.jpg

Did a rescape on the tank, also added 2 crenicichla regani (not sure if m/f or not, but one has a dorsal eyespot and the other does not)

Nice choice with the regani, it sounds like a pair, but you never really know until a belly turns pink. Any pics? I'm wondering if they might be the Tapajos form.

Nice choice with the regani, it sounds like a pair, but you never really know until a belly turns pink. Any pics? I'm wondering if they might be the Tapajos form.

Just picked them up last night, but I'll try to get a pick in a little while. LFs had them listed simply as "dwarf pike"

I'm really loving these guys, they just move so cool and cruise all over the tank. After some more reading, I definitely have a male and female, based on the dorsal ocelli (first pic)

wzFcycm.jpg
ucK7NQ5.jpg

Nice! I can't tell from the pics, but do they have black dorsal tips above a red margin or is it the other way around?

I see a red tipped dorsal, but don't see black other than the ocelli

Ugh, I was hoping they'd be the Tapajos variant, then I would push you to breed them lol

I only paid $13 each for them. The uaru are the focus in this tank

So here's the newest layout. Thoughts? Comments? Critiques? Yes, the rock looks a bit odd right now, but the log is SUPER buoyant so they stay until it's waterlogged lol
EUJ7Sar.jpg

Down timber effect.. i like it!!

Creativity to the max! That looks amazing, love the affect it gives the tank. Bet the fish love it.

Thanks guys! This thing was a pain to find, a bigger pain to cut to size, and even worse getting it into the tank

Brookster, I have f1 apisto cacatuoides fry in a different tank too! No morphs, just wild type!

Back
Top Bottom