120 Gallon Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcgee

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey,
I went to look at a used 120 gallon freshwater tank today. It isn't in perfect shape.. needs to be cleaned quite a bit. it has the plastic lights. One doesn't work (she says its just the bulb). needs a new glass cover. but it does have a canister filter (looks like i may want to invest in a new one) and a heater. It is for $200. Is that a good price even though the accessories aren't that great?? It does come with the base too but that needs to be refinished.

Thanks for your help.
Tmcgee

I bought my 125 gallon brand new from petsmart for $320 with glass top and lights... then the stand for $20 more. That should give you an idea. I believe petsmart sells the 120 gallon for just about the same price. Depends on how hard larger tanks are to come across in your area I suppose. I jumped on the 125 gallon I got. I can't hardly find anything in the papers around here.

Thanks that does help. I stoped at my LFS and a 120 gallon tank was $300 just for the tank. so comparatively it was a deal. The stand was not a cheap one either. It was a solid Walnut stand so I jumped on it. Tried to talk her down a little bit but no movement in price.. oh well.. i still think it is alright.
Tmcgee

Back
Top Bottom