125 FOWLR take 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I 2nd that tusk! A friend of mine has one vey personable fish should fit in with your current group!

Ashley, i had a juvenile aussie that exhibited many of the same behaviors that you mentioned. Unfortunately lost him during the tank failure:( thank you for the input. It seems as though the tusk is gonna prob be the winner. Just finished disassembling and cleaning the powerheads. Again, to the regards pf the build quality on the evo 750's, i havent had a single issue (outside the typical reverse flow) with these and upon taking them apart to clean, the magnets arent even burnt or gouged at all. The shaft that houses the impeller magnet is is perfect condition as well. Got them spotless and back into the tank now. Looks as though i just bought them lol. I snapped a few pics along the way just to show the before and after. Heaters are next on the agenda if i can put AA down for a minute

Attachments

• image-3673066943.jpg
    image-3673066943.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2421401756.jpg
    image-2421401756.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1302320142.jpg
    image-1302320142.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 76
First two shots are of the dirty heaters, third is them clean. Fourth is the bodies of the heaters after cleaning.

Attachments

• image-784850232.jpg
    image-784850232.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 95
  • image-1225859837.jpg
    image-1225859837.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 69
  • image-297370296.jpg
    image-297370296.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 69
  • image-4203492050.jpg
    image-4203492050.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 73
First pic is the clutter before shelves, second is with shelves temp in, still need to stain the last one. And final pic is of the left 2 doors. May hang my pwc hose on the right most door but im not sure. I use it for the fw tank too.

Attachments

• image-2303396387.jpg
    image-2303396387.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 99
  • image-743941418.jpg
    image-743941418.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-3025374848.jpg
    image-3025374848.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 73
Organizing makes me feel good! Nice job. I especially like the shelving it makes things wisely accessible. Quick question where do u get your stock from? Mostly local or online?

Cichlidjon said:
Organizing makes me feel good! Nice job. I especially like the shelving it makes things wisely accessible. Quick question where do u get your stock from? Mostly local or online?

I drive about 45-50 minutes north to a family owned fish store. Ive only bought online once and it wasnt for my tank. I personally dont mind spending the extra money in the store because they have never misled me or said anything that wasnt correct, and i can study and watch the fish before deciding to buy them. I dont like how online they just net a fish and ship em

You guys are too organised. My shed looks like a bomb hit it.

You guys are too organised. My shed looks like a bomb hit it.

hahahahaha!! that's exactly how mine used to look. I just got tired of having to dig through a pile of stuff to find the part/tool/container I needed. gonna stick with 3 shelves for now, I have a fourth one cut but ill just keep it stored away in case I ever decide I need it. finally decided on the controller.. going with the Apex lite. only reason I was able to decide was because I watched this BRS video on the apex controller at macna 2013.
MACNA 2013: Apex Controller from Neptune Systems - BRStv Product Spotlight - YouTube

the fact that they are coming out with a cloud-based service for the apex controller has me sold. also revamped their lighting controls and added a fully-controllable autofeeder. (no need to enlist friends to feed them)

alright so need some more input. I finally (FINALLY) got around to throwing together a showpiece showdown list... this is the list of candidates for our "showpiece" fish. of course im only going to buy one of these because for the most part they are expensive fish. however the pipefish would be a pair. so here goes, as usual feel free to give me your input on the topic and don't forget to give some votes for your favorite.

1. Harlequin tusk
  2. Chevron Tang
  3. Blue face angel
  4. majestic angel
  5. sunset butterfly
  6. blue Caribbean tang
  7. gold spotted rabbitfish
  8. dragonface pipefish (x2)
  9. yellow belly blue tang (kinda common)
  10. scotts fairy wrasse (again common, yet beautifully marked)
so there it is, over the next week or so I need to work this list down to a single fish (or pair in the case of the pipers)

What about a Powder Blue Tang ( Family: Acanthuridae ). Would be my second choice after Tusk.

Although the powder tangs are gorgeous fish, im not a big fan of them. Had a powder brown and even though he was an active member, he jist didnt have the striking colors im looking for

Sniperhank said:
Huma, there are 2 choices from your list. The chevron tang or harlequin tusk. Myself, I don't know much about the chevron, so I'd lean towards the tusk.

Alrighty, thats 3 votes for the tusk. So long as i dont come across a steal online. The tusk is still my choice

Funny thing is i just talked to the misses and she is ok with me picking up a part tine job to help with this obsession. She also said any money made there can be spent however i want. So i think the first purchase once i get a second job, is going to be the wp40s. I havent ran into a single person that doesnt like them and ecerytime i see an experienced reefer with a gorgeous tank, it has vortechs on them

Funny thing is i just talked to the misses and she is ok with me picking up a part tine job to help with this obsession. She also said any money made there can be spent however i want. So i think the first purchase once i get a second job, is going to be the wp40s. I havent ran into a single person that doesnt like them and ecerytime i see an experienced reefer with a gorgeous tank, it has vortechs on them

Lucky lucky guy! My wife would say buy her something

Back
Top Bottom