125 gal tank wall remodel in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mightyreefer87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Decided to remodel my room and make this aquarium look and feel at home. Hoping to have all work done in two weeks.

image-1956502539.jpg

When I first brought it home.

image-1055582249.jpg

Striped the old walls down to their frames.

image-2609705968.jpg

Frame of my soon to be aquarium closet that will hold my ro/di water reserve for my auto top off, and my premixed water reserve. Amongst other misc items.

image-597424335.jpg

Wife is paranoid about tank tipping so I will anchor it to the wall studs for extra stability.

Attachments

• image-47874675.jpg
    image-47874675.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 201
  • image-3637531195.jpg
    image-3637531195.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 206
  • image-186129960.jpg
    image-186129960.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 248
Looking great! I wish I could do something like this for my house

Thanks!! Ya it's taken me a while to save up the money to do all this. I worked in framing and remodeling when I was younger so I know how to do most of what is needed done. Ill keep posting pics so you can see it finished.

Thanks!! Ya it's taken me a while to save up the money to do all this. I worked in framing and remodeling when I was younger so I know how to do most of what is needed done. Ill keep posting pics so you can see it finished.

Yea defiantly! I want to see it as you go. I was thinking 125g for me. How much do u think a build like this would run? Roughly

I found the tank on Craigslist for 400, and since im doing the whole room which is 120 squat feet, between drywall and insulation it's was around 350. I added some outlets on the tank wall, and built that closet, another 200 for that. Paint will run me another 150, so six hundred for the whole room. But then you have face plates, trim ect. Really not as hard to do as I might have made it sound.

Porcelain Crab, one of the first members in our tank. More pics as the water fully clears.

It's looking good! I just picked up my 125g this weekend. So I'll start posting pics here in the next month or so when I start setting it up.

That's awesome. I've not added much, just a small clean up crew and and blue green chromis. Going to wait a while to add more fish. Plan on getting the reef going soon though. Thinking of softies.

What's your plans as far as stocking it?

That's awesome. I've not added much, just a small clean up crew and and blue green chromis. Going to wait a while to add more fish. Plan on getting the reef going soon though. Thinking of softies.

What's your plans as far as stocking it?

I am thinking of a fish only tank. But I am leaning towards a softie reef as well. I may have to upgrade my lighting tho. If I do a reef I think a tank full of different mushrooms and zoas is the way I am going to go.

with that space, you could have put a wall in front of the tank and you could have it looked like it was In-Wall. That's what I did.
and for you it would have been even better because you could of had the tank on the corner, so it would have 2 sides to see thru.

your tank still looks great.

yea I added pink fish to my tank.
kept my wife happy. she's like, WHAT ARE YOU BUILDING NOW?!?!?!?
then I distract her with pink fish, lol

Back
Top Bottom