125 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lion

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Does anyone know of any good, reliable websites to find used tanks? I have been wanting to get a 125 gal for a couple years now but I really don't have to money to buy a brand new setup. Maybe its a bad idea to buy a used tank that big....I don't know. Just wondering if anyone had any information. Thanks!!

How about trying craigslist.com for finding something in your area?

One thing to note with craigslist is that fish tanks will show up in several places. When I check it for tanks I open up the pets category and do searches for "aquarium" and "tank" in the for sale categories. They treat the pet category differently (as the site deal with pets as an "adoption" rather than a sale, and tries to prevent true sales through the pet board). So a normal search won't show you an aquarium listed under pets.

Use www.craigslist.org instead of the .com ending. I made the mistake of adding the .com to the end once (at work) and was directed to some "adult content" if you know what I mean. Amazing how people can cash in on a name just by switching a little bit around.

Back
Top Bottom