125 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zebrark

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It seems the best wall for my tank is a load bearing wall, perpendicular to the rafters. This wall has baseboard, on the tank won’t be right up against the wall. Would this be a problem?

I’m not worried about it being baseboard there, but the fact that it brings the tank 4-5 inches away from the wall

My tank (55 gallons) isn't right up against the wall and nothing bad has happened. It's actually probably around 5" away from the wall. It actually makes it easier to get behind there to hide cords or play with the filter.

My concern is how the distance away from the wall affects the weight disbursement in the floor structure

How many floor trusses are underneath where the tank will sit? Do they run horizontal or vertical to the tank?

The middle could be fine depending on how the floor trusses are structured. You can also add braces under your floor to strengthen it.
As long as it's not in the middle of the room it should be fine.

There are 5 beams that would run vertical to the tank, no pilots, but I was planning on a support frame under where the front of the tank would be. 5 foot crawl space is under this room, and the tank would be over cement wall, except for the baseboard being there

Ya you'll be fine without doing anything to the floor with that setup. Unless you are wanting to put braces wedged under the trusses to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom