12g cichlid setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picoreef2.5

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all new to the forum I have 3 freshwater and 1 saltwater tank, I'm here to show my cichlid tank and get opinions I know all will say it's to small for them but it's been working a couple months now keeping water parameters correct are a pain but iv been able to keep up. So! I have a ten gallon tank set up with caves,areas to swim through and homes! It has a standard 20 gallon filter and a 2 gallon refugium with a pump for a 30g tank, there is 6 acei chichlid in the tank and all are fine and have even grown and shown color changing, and they all hang out and swim together ! , ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423089088.261265.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423089134.779096.jpg I'm wanting to add live plants even if the cichlids ate Em I wouldn't mind just a treat for these fish! Any plant suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You might want to do some research on the acei. I think the min tank size is a 55 gallon 48" x 12"

You might want to do some research on the acei. I think the min tank size is a 55 gallon 48" x 12"

75 on acei, they get 8" if I remember right.

This tank WILL fail. It's going to stunt the fish, and as they grow, so does the ammonia they produce. Please do some research ASAP, otherwise these fish are going to meet premature deaths

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom