130l. New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrozu22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone.
I just start to setup new tank for my son. Tank is 81x41x45cm with fluval207. Lots of plants on top soil covered with black gravel. There's no fish yet as i want to establish bio filter before.
My question is what do you think about those fish together-
GLOWLIGHT TETRA HEMIGRAMMUS ERYTHROZONUS x 6
FIVE BANDED PENTAZONA BARB DESMOPUNTIUS x 4
RED LIZARD WHIPTAIL CATFISH PLECO x 2
NEON TETRA x 20
KUHLI LOACH x 4
RED CHERRY SHRIMP x 6 or any other shrimps
I used rainwater. No chemicals.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-190912_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-190912_Gallery.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 67
I would say you are double recommended stocking for a 130 litre tank. I would also be looking at a 307 rather than a 207 filter, especially if you plan on a heavy stocklist.

Also, rainwater is not good for fish or plants as it doesnt contain any of the necessary minerals for healthy growth (its essentially distilled water). You should look at remineralising the rainwater if you want to persist with that. Unless there is an issue with your tapwater, you would be better using that.

I would say you are double recommended stocking for a 130 litre tank. I would also be looking at a 307 rather than a 207 filter, especially if you plan on a heavy stocklist.

Also, rainwater is not good for fish or plants as it doesnt contain any of the necessary minerals for healthy growth (its essentially distilled water). You should look at remineralising the rainwater if you want to persist with that. Unless there is an issue with your tapwater, you would be better using that.

I can't agree with anything what you say. Rainwater is the best for plants and much better than tap water. Tap water contains loads of chemicals. Mate, distilled water is something different than you think! Maybe I will need to reduce amount of fish.
Anyway. My question was if those species are ok to live together. Do they need similar water spec.?

As previously mentioned, I wouldn’t use rain water. While it may be better for the plants, it isn’t better for the fish.

Rain water and distilled water have no minerals or very little minerals and your fish will do better with them.

Rainwater is perfectly fine for both fish and plants and rain water can contain varying amounts of minerals depending on where you are located and where it is collected.

My golden rule when collecting rain water is does it have critters swimming in it? If the answer is yes then why would you think this water would harm your fish?

Take some of the critters and put them in temperature matched tap water. Dechlorinate it if you want. They will be dead within half an hour.

Daphnia are used as bio essays in waste water treatment to determine how polluted some water sources are.

hi everyone. Just to proof that rainwater is good. Pictures of mine Peppered corydoras spawn eggs ?

Attachments

• 20200821_204210.jpg
    20200821_204210.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200821_204156.jpg
    20200821_204156.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200821_203521.jpg
    20200821_203521.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom