14 gallon biocube stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zactheninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to stock my 14 gallon biocube with corals and a few good, interactive fish.
As far as fish I was thinking a fire fish, a goby, a clown, a sixline, would that be about all I could do in a tank this small?
And would they get along?
Or is there any better ideas?
(I'm a freshwater aquariumist going into saltwater)
And as for coral, what are genrelly good type too go in this type of tank?
I have stock biocube lighting (10k compact and atinic compact)
I'm pretty much limited to soft corals right?

That'd be a little much imo. you should probably pick between the clown & the sixline as they both get kinda big.

you COULD keep the very beginner SPS but i wouldn't recommend it. pretty much stick with zoas & LPS. I've got the NC 12 with candy canes, frogspawn, branching hammer, zoas, & acans with my stock lighting.
everythnig is doing well & splitting after about a month.

I have a 14 also and the 6 line is my all time fav fish... but im told the tank is too small for them. I have a tailspot blenny and a hectors goby in mine at the moment. Think I have room for 1 more small fish. Best thing I ever did for my 14 was replace the stock lighting though, corals have never been better now and look truly amazing! I wish I did it along time ago!

That's a lot of fish for a 14. Two small fish is what I would say is max. I currently have 1 clown goby. I could add something else. But probably won't. U can do hammer or frogspawn as well. I have them under my Biocube 14 stock lighting. And they do well

Then I'd have to go with the sixline.

To the guy who upgraded his lighting, how did you upgrade it and with what?

I upgraded to LED panorama pro's. 2 panorams pro units and 1 stunner strip. I might add 1 more stunner strip in the future. Im really happy with them, they blow the stock lights away! There was an almost instant change in all my corals...like within 20 minutes they all opened up alot more and plus the brighter LED's bring out alot more color from them.

It took about an hour to pull the stock lights out and install the new units, all the wires are hidden nice and I only had to drill 1 hole in the plastic to fit a cord through. Total cost for the lights and 2 power suply units was around $320. I could have run them all off the same power supply but I wanted to time the stunner to turn on 30 min earlier and go off 30 in later then the pros for the morning/evening simulation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom