14g BioCube questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neeker4

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a 14g BioCube off craigslist last night for $120. They guy upgraded to a new tank and gave me this one for a good price. He was using it for freshwater but I'd rather it be a nano FOWLR. What would I need to do to get it into SW shape? I don't plan on doing any hard to keep corals, so I don't plan on upgrading the lighting at this time, but can I just grab some LR and salt water and begin cycling? Thanks for any advice in advance!!! It's good to be getting back into SW...

You sure can grab some lr and some salt mix and get it started. Did it come with a heater? I also recomend geting a powerhead for flow.

No heater or powerhead but those things I can easily pick up... any recommendations as far as size, brand, etc...?

I love my hydor koralia powerheads. Im not sure of a good size for a 14 gal, maybe like a 240gph?

Yeah ive been told the 245???(smallest one) is perfect for the 14g... Im going to pick one up and start cycling this weekend before a week out of town...

I use a 425 in my ten gallon and I personally love the flow. but I like high flow and my Duncan loves getting blown around haha

Back
Top Bottom