15 UK Gallon - 2 Black Moors and a Hong Kong Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Albiman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Right now, I have a 15 UK gallon coldwater tank with 2 Black Moor goldfish (1 is about 2 inches, the other is about 1.5 inches not including their tails), 1 Hong Kong Butterfly Plecostomus and 1 Zebra Nerite Snail. It's been set up for about 2 months and it was fish-less cycled before I added fish. :)

I know that it is overstocked, but I cannot afford to upgrade because I'm an unemployed student :( I do however do weekly PWC's of ~50% and I have a Hagen Fluval U2 Internal Filter running.

Also there is fine black gravel, a few Java Fern's dotted around, a skull cave ornament, a Terracotta plant pot, a shell, a treasure chest with a diver attached to it and a few pebbles. The treasure chest is supposed to be a bubbler but I don't have an air tube yet. The temperature is 19-20*C

Just a few questions..

- Do Hong Kong Butterfly Plecos need to be in groups or will it be fine on it's own?
- How big do Hong Kong Plecos get?
-Is the temperature okay for all the fish and snail?

Thanks! :fish2:

Sounds like a nice tank. How about some pics we always love pics. The Hong Kong pleco get like a little over an inch maybe maybe 2 inches. Fishman

I would increase your wcs to 50% atleast 2x a week until you are able to afford an upgrade. I would also return or rehome the pleco- plecos & fancy goldfish are not a good mix because plecos will snack on the slow fancies slimecoats leading to serious infections & a host of other issues. 19-20c is @66-68f which is ok for fancies but a bit on the cool side. @72f would be bit more ideal but not necessay.

Back
Top Bottom