150 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munsterkins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i'm switching from salt to fresh... I need some ideas... I either wanted like 4 oscars or a few schools... Is there anyone out there with multiple oscars? if so let me know what its like.

Thanks...

Bobby

I had 4 oscars untill they all tried to eat each other..then they got paired off and sold.
Anyway, Now I keep a few schools of africans in a 100 gallon, mostly mbuna, So I greatly suggest malawis and tangs, colourful, energetic, always dodging around doing something or another. well worth the effort I think.

nitrous said:
off topic but what made you switch to fw i think saltwater would be wonderful if i had the time and money

thats just it... i'm kinda out of money... i like what i have but to take it to the next level (reef) i'm looking at tons of money, I'm just excited to start "fresh" with something new

I would go for a community tank, insted of getting oscars. You can have a much more active tank and lots of fish.

But... if you like the idea of carnivorus fish, I'm a big supporter of bichirs. I have 2 in my 55gal and they are my favorite fish. You could probably get an ornate bichir they are a lot prettier than my senegal bichir and get to be 22" i believe.

I still think a community would be a lot more fun to stock, and look at. Your choice however.

Go for the big fish if you like. To make sure you get fish that get along you could find a store that has tanks of big fish that have outgrown other peoples' tanks. Then you've got a few that have already been housed together. I can understand switching from sw to fw. If you've already had salt then freshwater is new and exciting to you. I don't understand how people consider one better than the other. They're both just as fun I think. Just because one is cheaper doesn't mean a thing.

Back
Top Bottom