150 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, so I'll stick with the blue tang. Opinions on snowflake eels?
Well,,your probably not going to like me too much,but a regal (blue)tang,,really needs a larger system too...Yes people do it and yes the tang does OK for some time,,but they get so big and stress so easy ..just don't think it will be happy in a 150 for life....If your upgrading again then thats fine....

Well,,your probably not going to like me too much,but a regal (blue)tang,,really needs a larger system too...Yes people do it and yes the tang does OK for some time,,but they get so big and stress so easy ..just don't think it will be happy in a 150 for life....If your upgrading again then thats fine....

Not anytime soon....:banghead: Oh, well, why I asked. So the eel sound good? And the puffer is ok, too? Any suggestion on what kind of puffer? Recommend a tang?

I would get the zebra moray eel, instead of the snowflake because they look cooler and I've heard they are very docile and won't eat fish.

I'm attempting the blue tang in my 125 6 foot tank and so far so good. he is active but not nearly as much as the yellow tang. :)

As long as he has 6 feet of swim room I think a blue is do-able.

They just grow so fast and have the potential to get huge...Like i said ,,people do it all the time........so ,its really up to the you, i guess..

A puffer and tang will be fine,,but keep in mind your CUC will be eaten..CUC's are way overrated IMO,,i haven't had one in about 4 years

They just grow so fast and have the potential to get huge...Like i said ,,people do it all the time........so ,its really up to the you, i guess..

A puffer and tang will be fine,,but keep in mind your CUC will be eaten

I can't win today! LOL... :facepalm:

Yeah CUC actually are. I never see my hermits eat anything and one of them has been without a shell for about a week now... It hasn't died or anything and there are plenty of shells for it... The only thing I like are peppermint shrimps because they really do go and grab food that falls on the floor.

FTMMWS said:
Or get a puffer and let him eat them all:lol:

Only time my tank sees a hermit is when i treat my triggers to some,,num,num

Should I remove as many hermits from my tank before I put my trigger? What about my shrimp? I have to cleaner shrimp that were $15 each and those are definitely leaving, but I'm also getting a coral banded shrimp pair, would those defend themselves against the trigger?

Just leave the hermits ,,if the trigger wants them he'll get them...The pair of CBS's may be fine with a niger,,but its so hard to say..A trigger is a trigger...My humu destroyed my CBS as soon as i put the humu in...Honestly thats what i was hoping though...CBS's are pains and can go after your fish and shred their fins,,,thats what mine did,,then he met Mr. Humu

Ok well got my aquacon order and literally the only thing that didn't make it was the trigger..... :( I emailed them with a picture within 10 min so hopefully, I should get a reply soon. So sad.

Ok well got my aquacon order and literally the only thing that didn't make it was the trigger..... :( I emailed them with a picture within 10 min so hopefully, I should get a reply soon. So sad.

Call too...:banghead:

I ordered

Lawnmower blenny
Purple montipora
Green star polyps
Twin spot goby pair
Purple ribbon gorgonian
Chaeto algae
Coral banded shrimp pair
Astrea snails
Nerite snails
And the Niger trigger

Right now, everything else is in good health. One of the cbs lost an arm though, but it'll grow back.

Back
Top Bottom