150 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ittakes2totango

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone,

I am getting a 150 gallon tank this weekend and I'm not totally sure how to stock it. I want it to be freshwater and I know I want some little neons, but other than that I'm not sure how to stock it. Help please?

Thanks in advance,
Danielle :)

Ittakes2totango said:
Hello everyone,

I am getting a 150 gallon tank this weekend and I'm not totally sure how to stock it. I want it to be freshwater and I know I want some little neons, but other than that I'm not sure how to stock it. Help please?

Thanks in advance,
Danielle :)

If you set on neons why not make it a big school of 20-30?

I want to have a really beautiful tank with the right amount of fish and different types of fish. :)

Ittakes2totango said:
I want to have a really beautiful tank with the right amount of fish and different types of fish. :)

In a 150 that shouldn't be a problem. What filtration do you have? Do you plan to plant the tank? Other than neons what fish do you like? How much experience do you have? Below is a sticking list I just threw together. There are lots of options not included in it.

Here is an idea:
30 neon tetras
1 Bn Pleco
15 julii cory cats
20 cherry barbs
15 rummynose tetras

In a 150 that shouldn't be a problem. What filtration do you have? Do you plan to plant the tank? Other than neons what fish do you like? How much experience do you have? Below is a sticking list I just threw together. There are lots of options not included in it.

Here is an idea:
30 neon tetras
1 Bn Pleco
15 julii cory cats
20 cherry barbs
15 rummynose tetras
That sounds like a good stock ypu put, but i would personally go for more rummynose tetras and a couple more Bn plecos. You could probally also a nice centerpiece fish, maybe a pair of angelfish. And you could put in some kind of dwarf cichlid, like bolivian ram, german blue ram, or an apistograma

I have denisons barbs as the centerpiece fish in my 150 also a school of 30 neons which IMO is a little small, barely see them most of they're time is spent hiding in the plants, I also have 5 loaches a variety of tetras an alfbnp, and a vampire shrimp without sitting in front of the tank and actually looking at them I can't give a complete stock list, as for filtration I've got the 30 gal sump that came with the tank turning over @ 1200 GPH

Back
Top Bottom