150g ca/sa build/update thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is a spawning mop

It's bunches of felt/yarn/string attached to something floating. It's used to let eggs attach to it so that you can easily remove the eggs so the parents don't eat it. ( like koi eggs ). Then you put it in another tank so the eggs hatch.

After a long time....the yarn is added just prior to bagging, to add cover, as well as a shock absorber for when the fish get tossed around, they aren't slamming into the sides of the bag as hard...it's a very common practice with shrimp and fish that scare or stress easily, like most oddballs and most young cichlids

I was thinking part of the spawning mop they spawned from got mixed in.

As requested my aquaman

Attachments

• image-2245350587.jpg
    image-2245350587.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 56
  • image-4223779449.jpg
    image-4223779449.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 55
  • image-1109278543.jpg
    image-1109278543.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 53
I like how the tank is big enough you can't get the whole thing in the pic.

Ya ikr haha. I have to be outside my doorway and put my ipod in my room to take the picture. Or step half way back my room, but then my dresser blocks it

Those cichlids must be pretty tiny because I can barely see them. Lol. Is it normal for them to just lie down? But really nice big tank btw. Can you get a pic of the cichlids swimming/chasing each other or is it a bit too hard?

Back
Top Bottom