15g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought a 15g from Petco, and initially I thought I'd use some of the equipment I had on hand collecting dust in my closet. However I am reconsidering. I have a couple of AC 70's and I thought I'd use one on the 15, but now I'm really wanting to order an Eheim 2213. Would the current be too strong for this tank? I also have a Fishneedit 24" 2x T5 HO stored away and I thought I'd use it. I'm sure that running both bulbs would create issues without C02, so I would just use one bulb. Any input would be appreciated. Oh, the tank is 24x12x12 and will be heavily planted with low/med. light plants.

The flow rate on both the Eheim and the AC can be fairly easily reduced, so I don't think that you have to worry about excessive flow from either. That being said, if you have any intentions of using co2, the Eheim will give you more and better options. The major advantage of the AC is the obvious lack of a price tag associated with it.

With your lighting situation, I think your plan to reduce the light by removing a bulb is a good plan.

The flow rate on both the Eheim and the AC can be fairly easily reduced, so I don't think that you have to worry about excessive flow from either. That being said, if you have any intentions of using co2, the Eheim will give you more and better options. The major advantage of the AC is the obvious lack of a price tag associated with it.

With your lighting situation, I think your plan to reduce the light by removing a bulb is a good plan.

Now that I've had the Eheim 2217 on my 40b for a little while I'm having a hard time going back to a hob. I'm hooked on canisters now:) I'm still fairly new to them and I wasn't aware that the flow rate was adjustable. Eheim it is!! Thanks for responding.

You can use the ball valve on the output quick release to reduce the flow without damaging the filter. It's quite handy.

Back
Top Bottom