180 Gallon Build Journal.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I prefer homemade, it just gives it more personality, plus like you said you can give it whatever look you want. I would trust a solid handmade stand more than the iron ones from the shop.
Luckily for me I have a very talented woodworker for a boyfriend who happens to work at a lumberyard...employee discount! His next task is building me a rack for some 40b's
Keep up the awesome work I can't wait to see when it's all said and done!

I prefer homemade, it just gives it more personality, plus like you said you can give it whatever look you want. I would trust a solid handmade stand more than the iron ones from the shop.
Luckily for me I have a very talented woodworker for a boyfriend who happens to work at a lumberyard...employee discount! His next task is building me a rack for some 40b's
Keep up the awesome work I can't wait to see when it's all said and done!

While hes at it he can make me a 55g stand. Please & Thank You!

Home depot rents everything from saws to power drills by the half day..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Home depot rents everything from saws to power drills by the half day..

Nice! Ill be at my folks house in CT this weekend. Im sure I can find a friend and a garage to get this done!

I can almost guarantee it would be cheaper to build one. Just plan out the materials you'll need ahead of time so you aren't buying way more than you need. Plus, you'll only need 2x4s for a 55, not 2x6s. Give it a shot, you might surprise yourself. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice! Ill be at my folks house in CT this weekend. Im sure I can find a friend and a garage to get this done!

Another secret.. home dept even makes cuts for you. I helped a guy in here build a stand, he never cut a single piece of lumber. Just drew it up, made a list and had the guys at HD do it. Half the time they're totally Gung ho on making cuts there, beats stocking cinder blocks or getting carts with rusty wheels..

Another secret.. home dept even makes cuts for you. I helped a guy in here build a stand, he never cut a single piece of lumber. Just drew it up, made a list and had the guys at HD do it. Half the time they're totally Gung ho on making cuts there, beats stocking cinder blocks or getting carts with rusty wheels..

Sweet! Thanks so much! Any DIY tank stand plans floating around that yall are aware of?

I think that is for a 75 so you will have to just change the measurements to what you need

Got the stand in and tank on. I also put a couple coats of paint on the tank with one or two more to do. Unfortunately it's not sitting level, mostly front to back so I'm going to try to get it shimmed properly once all the painting is complete.

Yes it's 180 gallons. Or 6'x2'x2' or 72"x24"x24"

Yep def bigger than mine , must have been the photo angle why I thought it looked smaller.

Sent from my Kestrel using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I love my 180!

180g Oscar
20g African Cichlid
20g Community
2g African Dwarf Frogs
55g Discus

Tank is on. I decided to dirt it with a PFS cap. Filter is running and heaters are on. I have some wood in there right now I'm trying to sink. That's why the rocks are on there. I took some trimmings from my other tanks to get them started. I'll let this wood sit for awhile then I'll seed my new filter with some old media. Hopefully I get this to sink then I'll get some fish transferred.

Attachments

• 1423437188539.jpg
    1423437188539.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 77
What kind of lighting are you using?

Tank looks really nice even without alot of plants and fish.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have 4 foot dual bulb t5 ho on there right now. And thank you.

Back
Top Bottom